09-10-2013, 12:00 AM
User Info
My Greist handle fits the Fatip Grande.

10 95
 10-29-2013, 11:37 AM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
Today I received my first Joris, I posted a trade proposition and initially agreed on a trade with another member from Australia but that didn't work out because of postage and customs (but thanks anyway Nayskin!). A few days later I got a message from another person and bingo!

It's beautiful, no ring on top of the cap (just a little bit of marks on the underside of the cap around the center during fabrication). It felt lighter then I expected but handles great. Very easy to shave with, no nicks or anything. Two passes and done on the face, did a third one to see if I would get irritation but didn't feel anything when applying the after shave. Proceeded to shave my head with the Joris and got the same BBS result. Shaves as close as the R41 for me but without the raw feeling.

I can see a Joris with Metal handle in my future. Strange that this razor isn't loved more, it's expensive but I see other razors in the same price range getting lots of exposure on the forums, or maybe people prefer the Fatip. Anyway I'm happy!

[Image: img_0237.jpg]

39 1,604
 11-02-2013, 03:18 AM
User Info
(10-29-2013, 11:37 AM)Snuff Wrote: Today I received my first Joris, I posted a trade proposition and initially agreed on a trade with another member from Australia but that didn't work out because of postage and customs (but thanks anyway Nayskin!). A few days later I got a message from another person and bingo!

It's beautiful, no ring on top of the cap (just a little bit of marks on the underside of the cap around the center during fabrication). It felt lighter then I expected but handles great. Very easy to shave with, no nicks or anything. Two passes and done on the face, did a third one to see if I would get irritation but didn't feel anything when applying the after shave. Proceeded to shave my head with the Joris and got the same BBS result. Shaves as close as the R41 for me but without the raw feeling.

I can see a Joris with Metal handle in my future. Strange that this razor isn't loved more, it's expensive but I see other razors in the same price range getting lots of exposure on the forums, or maybe people prefer the Fatip. Anyway I'm happy!

[Image: img_0237.jpg]
As i have stated before. If it was more affordable it would be loved since more people can use it. But the high price is what keeps more people from expressing thier love for it, but theres is always the similar head Fatip.

0 606
 01-09-2015, 07:25 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
I include myself among the ranks of the Joris lovers. I had one previously and sold it. I recently acquired another one and am amazed by the shaves I'm getting from it. I think it has something to do with applying the technique I learned with the R41: the steep angle.

A question for those of you with a horn handle Joris: do you notice any movement or play in the handle where the horn attaches to the metal piece that the head screws into? If you wiggle the assembled razor, do you notice the slightest movement at this junction of horn and metal?

43 1,711
 01-11-2015, 11:01 AM
  • KRpdx
  • Portland, OR
User Info
I have a Fatip Piccolo on the way from the Italian Barber. Should I plan on using it with its stock handle, or do most prefer one of the many other longer or heavier (or lighter) handles that fit? Your favorites?

14 181
 01-11-2015, 01:58 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
I say try the stock handle to get a feel for it then switch it up however suits you. I know some people prefer a heavier handle. I like the Joris horn handle, which is long but not heavy.

Andrew

43 1,711
 02-18-2015, 03:33 PM
User Info
I too had a Joris but sold it. This week I ordered a Fatip in nickel plating. I found the Joris a little too aggressive to use as my go-to razor but I enjoy taking it for a spin every now and then. I should have it on Thursday. I can't wait.

5 1,924
 02-19-2015, 02:31 PM
User Info
I got my Fatip nickel plated in today. A lot of people say the QC at Fatip is lacking but I have to say my razor is flawless. Especially when you consider the price, you can't go wrong. I know it's nothing new on this thread but I have to show a picture of it. I just hope the handle is not to smooth. I'm afraid it might be slippery when wet.  

[Image: o9XKfoF.jpg]

5 1,924
 07-20-2019, 10:18 PM
User Info
(01-03-2013, 06:16 AM)ben74 Wrote: And...

FaTip Grande head with iKon Bamboo handle

FaTip Gold Coloured head with iKon Tech Style handle

The gold one is a real thing of beauty 
So that's called an iKon tech handle is
That correct?
I just purchased a Piccolo , probably be
Here next week, I really don't like short 
Handles at all , anywhere between 92 & 95mm
Is fine any shorter than that and not for me. 
So what's the length of the gold handle?

0 43