01-01-2013, 01:10 PM
  • xRussox
  • Teach me masters !!!
  • Medellin - Colombia
User Info
It's just about that.
I have long hair and I keep my hair care just like a girl, same shampoo as mom.

If any long haired guy here ... what do you use ? how do you take care of your long hair ?

Later

0 44
 01-01-2013, 01:29 PM
User Info
Back in the 90s, I was a long haired guitar playing lunatic. I swore by Pantene shampoo and conditioner.

At some point, I stopped being a long haired guitar playing lunatic and became a working stiff with a wife, two kids, and a mortgage.

Oh, the good old days... Cool

1 93
 01-01-2013, 08:10 PM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
The best thing for long hair on a man is a pair of sharp scissors Smile I used to have an afro, BTW.

0 1,620
 01-02-2013, 02:57 PM
User Info
(01-01-2013, 01:29 PM)Lightning Boy Wrote: Back in the 90s, I was a long haired guitar playing lunatic. I swore by Pantene shampoo and conditioner.

At some point, I stopped being a long haired guitar playing lunatic and became a working stiff with a wife, two kids, and a mortgage.

Oh, the good old days... Cool

I had proper short haircuts until 1980 when my grandfathers barber increased the price of his haircuts from $2 to $5 . needless to say my grandfather was just Scotch enough (his exact words) not to pay over double the price. So he had long hair until his death in 1992. I had long hair until last year but now it is high and tight !

I agree wholeheartedly about the Pantene shampoo and conditioner with long hair ! But now that I have VERY short hair I use DR Harris shampoo bar . It would NOT have worked on its own with long hair but it's great now.

As to why I have short hair now? 1 Small niece + bubblegum Biggrin And I am too darned old to go back to a ponytail now Tongue

6 1,224
 01-02-2013, 05:48 PM
User Info
You said it, Eric! Smile

I've seen those shampoo bars for sale but have never tried one. Gonna need to remedy that situation, as it should work just fine with really short hair I'm currently sporting.

1 93
 02-02-2013, 08:25 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
I have my hair pretty long right now... I shampoo with a store brand shampoo but to me the best conditioner is Mane and Tail which was developed for horses. I've been using this product for many years. It really works great. Since I've been wet shaving and learning about hair tonics I figured that in the old days guys had long hair and I'm sure they used certain tonics. (Look at Gen Custer)...lol. I picked up a bottle of Jeris hair tonic w/oil and tried it... I love the stuff. I've since picked up 3 Flowers some Pinaud Eau de Quinnine and even tried "Groom n' Clean"... All work good but I still like the Jeris... I have pretty curly hair and the Jeris lets it flow... Nice shine also...

[Image: 2ptyyww.jpg]

5 1,151
 04-25-2013, 04:51 PM
User Info
If you want a non-SLS shampoo, I use Acure shampoo and conditioner after giving up on shampoo bars. They were okay for shorter hair, but for shoulder length I needed a liquid shampoo.

3 244
 04-26-2013, 12:55 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Joe, that's what my hair looked like back in the late 60's, early 70's. I played bass in a couple of rock bands back in Dallas. Had to look the part plus the girls loved it. Back then I used whatever cheap shampoo and conditioner that my Mom bought on sale.

I now use Paul Brown shampoo and conditioner.

173 23,483
 04-27-2013, 07:15 AM
User Info
Mine is currently to my shoulders and I find I get much more attention from women than I ever used to. 16 - 60 years old...I constantly get compliments. Smile I am also getting noticed by more women that have tatoos and/or are free-spirits. Quite a change. Maybe losing 45 pounds helped too.

3 244