01-01-2013, 08:46 PM
  • Mynorx
  • Southern California
User Info
Anyone try these? I was looking for Wilkinson and ran into these at the walmart website. I don't really shop at walmart just because Target is much closer. I think I'm gonna take a trip tomorrow and see if they have them in stock. They have them listed for 1.76 for a 10 pack.

[Image: wilkinson.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1 265
 01-02-2013, 03:50 PM
  • dajmacd
  • Tennessee River Valley
User Info
Almost every Wal-Mart I've been in has a spot for them but many in my area either do not stock them or are always out of them. Of the blades I can get locally, these are the best (and cheapest). The ones in my stores are individually wrapped in a black plastic dispenser.

4 181
 01-02-2013, 10:33 PM
  • Mynorx
  • Southern California
User Info
Ive tried the ones with the white plastic container. But these are new. I hope I can make it to walmart tomorrow.

1 265
 01-03-2013, 10:40 AM
User Info
(01-01-2013, 08:46 PM)Mynorx Wrote: Anyone try these? I was looking for Wilkinson and ran into these at the walmart website. I don't really shop at walmart just because Target is much closer. I think I'm gonna take a trip tomorrow and see if they have them in stock. They have them listed for 1.76 for a 10 pack.

Meh. Not even paying 19¢ per blade/tap paid. Too harsh for me, even in a few razors. I have Sharks I bought for 7¢ apiece delivered that are a much better buy for me. Smooth and inexpensive ...

0 554
 01-04-2013, 09:38 AM
User Info
If it's the same blade as it's in their black plastic case, then it's my fall-back blade.. always get a nice shave in them, works in every razor I got.

3 3,580
 01-04-2013, 09:42 AM
User Info
(01-04-2013, 09:38 AM)WegianWarrior Wrote: If it's the same blade as it's in their black plastic case, then it's my fall-back blade.. always get a nice shave in them, works in every razor I got.

It's probably the same blade.

I'm lucky the cheap stuff works for me ...

0 554
 01-04-2013, 10:18 AM
User Info
When you live in Norway, 'cheap' becomes a relative term. Compared to paying 20$ for a pack of 4 cartridges, it don't matter if a pack of 10 DE costs 1$ or 5$ - it's cheaper either way Tongue

That said, I have good things to say about the Shark when used in my travel razor and my Yuma, but in my Parker 22R and Merkur Slant it's just an OK blade. YMMV, and that's part of what makes this hobby fun Smile

3 3,580
 01-04-2013, 10:32 AM
User Info
(01-04-2013, 10:18 AM)WegianWarrior Wrote: When you live in Norway, 'cheap' becomes a relative term. Compared to paying 20$ for a pack of 4 cartridges, it don't matter if a pack of 10 DE costs 1$ or 5$ - it's cheaper either way Tongue

That said, I have good things to say about the Shark when used in my travel razor and my Yuma, but in my Parker 22R and Merkur Slant it's just an OK blade. YMMV, and that's part of what makes this hobby fun Smile

You're right, of course. I feel spoiled. Especially since I allow myself to think of some DE blades as "very expensive" when even US $1 per blade is a much better buy than disposables -which I used before the switch- or carts -I started out on Gillette Trac/G II as a teen- which seemed so "convenient" at the time.

And the "fun"? Oh my, I'm having a blast. After two years I have "branched out". Just got razor #13 -the Russian IDEAL adjustable- in this morning's mail. I ordered from our own Phil BullGoose 100 Pol Silver SI which should arrive Saturday morning.

They will round out my other bulk blade purchases to an even 800 or so. Onward!

0 554
 01-04-2013, 10:52 AM
  • MikeGJ
  • Grand Junction, CO
User Info
I've had these in this (silver/black) case, and in the all black plastic ones.

If they are labeled made in Germany on the back, they are good blades, the equal of Red Personnas, Sharks, Derby, etc.

1 108
 01-28-2013, 09:59 PM
  • Mynorx
  • Southern California
User Info
I finally got 2 10 packs last week. Ive used 2 of them one on my Grande and the other on my EJ89l. They where in the black plastic case and made in Germany. The funny thing is that they where scattered around on the very top shelf where no one could see them, not even a display box. Dodgy

I think these are excellent blades. I really like them . I thought they where sharp and smooth.

1 265