01-03-2013, 06:33 AM
User Info
This morning I shaved using a tube of Woody's Shave Lather that I had received as a Christmas gift from a relative who works in a beauty supply store. I wasn't able to find much info on it, so I figured I'd write up a short review.

According to the directions on the package, the product is meant to be hand-lathered. But since there are other such products like Kiss My Face that can be used just fine with a brush I gave it a shot. I used my Vie-Long 13755 brush since it has the smallest loft of the brushes I own and is best suited for face lathering.

The lather took a little longer to really form and did not have the cushion I'm used to. I don't have very much experience with creams. I've really only used C.O. Bigelow and The Body Shop Maca root with any regularity, so those will be my point of reference. The lather was definitely thinner than what I've built with either of those, but there was still a good slickness and glide to it. About halfway through the second pass it really started to dry and thin out, so I re-applied from the bottle. Overall I was still able to get a 3-pass DFS with my new (to me) Gillette Tech that was comfortable. I could see myself using the cream again, but not choosing it over that other options that I'm used to.

The scent was a citrus blend, but there was a chemical note to it too. The closest comparison I could draw was Lemon Pledge.

Afterwards I also used Woody's Shave Relief balm. I was less pleased with this than the shaving cream. It did soothe, but it felt gummy and sticky. It had the same Lemon Pledge scent as the cream, only stronger. I'd be hesitant to recommend this one.

[Image: j0cspl.jpg]

I also tried to get a pic of the ingredients, but it turned out to be unreadable. I could try again when I get back home if anyone is really interested.

10 2,062
 01-03-2013, 03:35 PM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
A shaving cream that acts like an aerosol foam, Woody's Shave Lather provides a completely different shaving experience. This moisturizing cream helps you get the closest shave possible without razor burn or irritation.

Shave cream
For men
Rich lathering
Behaves like an aerosol shave foam
Prevents razor burn and irritation

Directions for Use

Dampen your face with warm water. Apply a small amount of product to your palms and work into a lather. Apply directly to beard. Shave with the grain of hair. If you miss a spot, simply add a little water to your face and work back into a lather- there is no need to add more cream.

Active Ingredients

Water, Sodium Cocyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Aesulus Hippocastanium (Horse Chestnut) Extract, Alage Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol, Ammonium Glycyrhizate, Zinc Gluconate, Allantoin, Caffeine, Manthol, Glycine, Soja, Soybean Protein, PEG-12, Dimethicone, Polyacrylamidomethylpropane, Sulfonic Acid, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Isonoyl Isononamate, Ethylhexyl Isonoanoate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Acrylates/Steareth-20, Methacrylate Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Methyl Perfluorobutyl Ether, Methyl Perfluoroisobutyl, Triethanolamine, Methyl Perfluorobutyl Ether, Methyl Perfluorosiobutyl Ether, Mannutol, Disodium, EDTA, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Benzyl, Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazlinone, Methylisothiazolinone, BCC12-Base

1 819
 01-03-2013, 04:32 PM
User Info
Thanks for posting the ingredients Grumpy.

I'm not really sure how this works like an aerosol foam though, or how exactly that's a selling point.

10 2,062
 01-03-2013, 04:56 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Woody wants to lather!

91 17,618
 01-03-2013, 05:01 PM
User Info
Ha! Good one.

10 2,062