01-03-2013, 09:38 AM
User Info
The first time after the buzz cut I used a GEM Featherweight since I was too chicken to use anything more aggressive. It was a nightmare. I kept clogging the razor and didn't recognize what was happening. I went through A LOT of blades that night.

I've been wanting to try the ClogPruf Micromatic for the first shave after a buzz cut just to see if it really is clog proof.

The short story is that it is. I have a dense and full head of hair (or I did up 'til just a little while ago) and the ClogPruf handled the cutoffs with no clogging and very little rinsing. I normally don't rinse my razors very much during the course of a shave and this was no exception.

If you intend to head shave you can do a lot worse than a GEM CPMM. Oh, I used a blade with 12 shaves on it for the shave and it worked fine. I did can it afterward though, it owed me no more.

32 6,308
 01-03-2013, 11:28 AM
User Info
Congratulations, Brian! Wow, head shaving with an SE! i doubt i would ever attempt that. Hee hee.

75 20,883
 01-03-2013, 01:25 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
As they say, without pictures it did not happen.BiggrinBiggrinBiggrinBiggrinBiggrin

173 23,483
 01-03-2013, 01:35 PM
User Info
(01-03-2013, 01:25 PM)Johnny Wrote: As they say, without pictures it did not happen.BiggrinBiggrinBiggrinBiggrinBiggrin

I was just thinking, "He definitely doesn't look like his avatar now!" Laughing1

31 7,912
 01-03-2013, 08:52 PM
User Info
Biggrin

Brian, I have NEVER looked like my avatar. I'm far from that handsome. You've seen my picture with my Tilley hat on in the thread over on TOST haven't you?

Celestino, if the CPMM has a fault it might be in that it's too mild. I may be swapping over to the OCMM for noggin shaving. I'm undecided about it right now. The last time I shaved my head that's what I used and it was fantastic. IMO head shaving is substantially easier than shaving the face. It's just getting over the thought of all that blood if anything happens. After the first stroke it's not a consideration.

I might also be letting my hair grow out just a bit and get back to head shaving in a few months. It's incredibly cold right now and it didn't take me long to regret my decision to head shave. I'm undecided right now.

32 6,308
 01-04-2013, 10:44 PM
User Info
Brian I'm thinking the OCMM because the angle is almost automatic & easy to maintain from any direction.

Stick Shick's quite good and the 4 on the floor shift knob offers a killer grip for noggin work.

Those Tilly hats don't look warm to me,they leave too much cranial real estate exposed Blank

7 414
 01-05-2013, 03:26 PM
User Info
I'm coming to the OCMM conclusion too Marc. I used it in the past with no problems. Today I got chatter from the CP and I knew it wouldn't be pretty. Not much blood, but definitely a series of blemishes in my otherwise bloodtight noggin. I'm blaming the safety bar design not allowing enough lubrication through to the blade.

For the first shave with 1/8" of stubble left from the buzz cut it worked great however.

This experiment won't last for long. It's just too cold without some hair on my head. But I just had to try the ClogPruf. The nice thing about hair is it grows back fairly rapidly as long as I don't assume ambient temperature.

32 6,308
 01-05-2013, 03:59 PM
User Info
(01-05-2013, 03:26 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: This experiment won't last for long. It's just too cold without some hair on my head. But I just had to try the ClogPruf. The nice thing about hair is it grows back fairly rapidly as long as I don't assume ambient temperature.

Man you are one brave guy. Shaving your head living in interior Maine in January is either nuts, or a great way to find out if the clog proof really is clog proof. Honestly I am leaning toward nuts.
[Image: smiley-whacky110.gif]

129 6,685
 01-05-2013, 04:29 PM
User Info
Lots of folks would agree with you Doug, but jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft would make me eligible for either claim as well. I did that plenty of times, and other things. We sometimes admitted to each other that we must be nuts.

Love the emoticon video of me! I don't remember that being taken. Biggrin

32 6,308
 01-06-2013, 04:34 AM
User Info
I have been head shaving for years before discovering DE shaving for my face. I thought I could do both but with no success. So its now DE for my face and a cartridge razor for my head.

0 87