01-03-2013, 05:34 PM
User Info
Well sort of....... Blush Blush Blush Blush

Eventually it was something that was going to happen even though I NEVER EVER use a shaving soap, only creams and croaps Confused

But Teiste forced me to do it - get my first boar brush, and once again I had the Cherry Wood Semogue SOC Boar in the basket and a 610, a 620 and 1305 - but then saw this boar-badger and escaped the coward like way, simply like so many times before took the easy coward way out and emptied my basket at gifts & care and bought a EJ DE Barley DE razor (to get the head and it's a beautiful handle for a rather inexpensive price) and then bought this Semogue - the LE 2012 Boar-Badger brush with JUST maybe my favorite handle of all time - the antrachite grey/black SOC shaped handle - of course getting my 10% discount on the way Smile

[Image: Semogue%20SE%202012.jpg?m=1355008558]

Stole Teiste's great photo of it - sorry Blush

Will I regret it, first of all for not taking the real jump and go full boar, secondly for buying this brush that I have seen very few reviews of - is it for face lather guy, that uses creams and croaps and not soaps Rolleyes

22 5,059
 01-03-2013, 06:07 PM
User Info
(01-03-2013, 05:34 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: Well sort of....... Blush Blush Blush Blush

Eventually it was something that was going to happen even though I NEVER EVER use a shaving soap, only creams and croaps Confused

But Teiste forced me to do it - get my first boar brush, and once again I had the Cherry Wood Semogue SOC Boar in the basket and a 610, a 620 and 1305 - but then saw this boar-badger and escaped the coward like way, simply like so many times before took the easy coward way out and emptied my basket at gifts & care and bought a EJ DE Barley DE razor (to get the head and it's a beautiful handle for a rather inexpensive price) and then bought this Semogue - the LE 2012 Boar-Badger brush with JUST maybe my favorite handle of all time - the antrachite grey/black SOC shaped handle - of course getting my 10% discount on the way Smile

[Image: Semogue%20SE%202012.jpg?m=1355008558]

Stole Teiste's great photo of it - sorry Blush

Will I regret it, first of all for not taking the real jump and go full boar, secondly for buying this brush that I have seen very few reviews of - is it for face lather guy, that uses creams and croaps and not soaps Rolleyes

Very good Claus. Soon you will be a full on boar user! Biggrin

1 2,827
 01-03-2013, 06:14 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
You can use that and any other Semogue brush on anything that makes lather.

Welcome to the dark side.Biggrin

173 23,540
 01-03-2013, 06:37 PM
User Info
Let me know how it feels on the face, Claus, as i have given up on boars for my sensitive skin, but really love the handle.

75 20,883
 01-03-2013, 06:42 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Did I force you to do what , Claus ? Rolleyes

Thats not my pic , either , but its ok.Biggrin

Well , now you have one of those brushe sheading your way.I shaved with mine today , using Santa Maria La Novella and made lather for my whole neighborhood...

Be a little bit patience with it and use it or softening it for a week straight , and will will have another heck of a lot of shaving brush.

I should make a video anytime soon , using this brush.

86 7,123
 01-03-2013, 07:59 PM
User Info
Good choice for a first brush!

12 1,243
 01-03-2013, 08:33 PM
User Info
Good for you!

FWIW, I use my boars for anything, that includes creams, croaps, and sticks, not just hard soaps.

32 6,309
 01-03-2013, 09:06 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Claus, enjoy it. I have several Semogue boars and the TSN 2012 LE Semogue boar/badger and honestly, there isn't a bad one in the bunch. As Teiste says, allow yourself to break in the brush. When boar hair tips split, they are as soft or softer than many badgers.

I also agree with Brian that a good boar can be used with creams, croaps, or soaps with ease. Have fun and let us know how you get on with the brush.

2 11,211
 01-03-2013, 09:08 PM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
I'll be the skeptic in this.

Claus, I don't think you're going to like it. You've too many excellent badger brushes.

However. I've certainly been wrong before.

Please post your experience when you see what and how it does for you.

47 1,378
 01-04-2013, 07:37 AM
User Info
Claus, you have so many great brushes. I know this even though this is only my second post at TSN. Biggrin

You must get bored looking at all of your fine badger knots, so it's good you are open to getting BOARED. As someone else who loves brushes, I can say that boar brushes are very interesting to look at after they have bloomed and start to split. You should really pull the trigger on that handful of Semogues!

Carry on, sir.

12 124