01-05-2013, 12:42 AM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
Anyone here know where it is possible to obtain the old formula Erasmic cream, the metal tube with the small red top? At first I didn't take to the scent, but now I love the stuff. I have one tube left. I want MORE. I don't even want to try the new formula. Opinions anyone?

0 1,625
 01-05-2013, 12:48 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Shaun , I will ask any of our UK members to send you a couple of them , but Im sure you will be paying more for the shipping than for the creams...
I have tried it , but to be honest , the tallow stick is much , much better than the cream (at least , for me).Also , smells better too.

86 7,124
 01-05-2013, 12:51 AM
  • Shaun
User Info
(01-05-2013, 12:48 AM)Teiste Wrote: Shaun , I will ask any of our UK members to send you a couple of them , but Im sure you will be paying more for the shipping than for the creams...
I have tried it , but to be honest , the tallow stick is much , much better than the cream (at least , for me).Also , smells better too.

I love the stick too, Teiste. Yes, prohibitive shipping cost really is the limiter here for us Australians. Thanks for the reply.

0 1,625
 01-05-2013, 12:57 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(01-05-2013, 12:51 AM)Shaun Wrote:
(01-05-2013, 12:48 AM)Teiste Wrote: Shaun , I will ask any of our UK members to send you a couple of them , but Im sure you will be paying more for the shipping than for the creams...

I love the stick too, Teiste. Yes, prohibitive shipping cost really is the limiter here for us Australians. Thanks for the reply.

Shaun , but Ingram , I found the made in UK for drugstores shaving creams (name them Boots , Erasmic..) very sub par.The Creaightons creations , like The Real Shaving Co , are another story.
The Erasmic stick is a good one , well regarded by many.The cream (both the old and new ) , not that much.Hope you can find it , since you truly enjoy it.

86 7,124
 01-05-2013, 01:04 AM
  • Shaun
User Info
I saw the Erasmic tube picture in the pharmacists in the UK and emailed them asking what version they stocked; they said sorry, it's the new formula, but they use the old picture. Buyer beware. If you care for Erasmic Smile

0 1,625
 01-05-2013, 11:46 AM
User Info
I've posted a thread, some time ago, about the differences between the new and the old formula. You can read it here: http://shavenook.com/thread-old-erasmic-...la-erasmic

Well, I must be one of the few that didn't care for the Erasmic stick (even the tallow one) and ended up tossing it. However, I like the Erasmic creams very much, and the glicerine soap bowl as well.

Go figure! Biggrin

Untill recently, connaughtshaving had the old red cap formula in stock. Don't know if they still do - you can drop an e-mail to Paul Mayhew to confirm this. Smile

2 5,532
 01-06-2013, 05:40 PM
  • Watasha
  • Independent Contradictor
  • Alabama
User Info
The new erasmic cream (black top) is my go-to cream, not sure why you're so dead set against trying it. That being said, you can still get the old formula on ebay if I'm not badly mistaken.

0 17
 01-06-2013, 05:56 PM
User Info
Is this what you are looking for?

Old Formula Erasmic

4 219
 01-06-2013, 11:04 PM
  • Shaun
User Info
Possibly, but as I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread1`, old images are used for what is now a new, different formula. How can I be sure? ...plus $10 per tube??? $3, more like it....

0 1,625
 01-07-2013, 05:42 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(01-06-2013, 05:56 PM)xCarbonSteelx Wrote: Is this what you are looking for?

Old Formula Erasmic

Wow, I LOVE that old formulation of Erasmic cream. I owe myself a shave with it soon because I rarely use it these days.

3 2,563