01-06-2013, 11:09 AM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
Used it this morning...

It comes in a container large enough to lather the biggest of brushes.. its a brick of soap, plopped into the screw top container. After I pressed the block into the bottom of the jar, the container was barely half full. This is a semi-soft, croap.. Not as soft as the original Razo Rock..more like P.160 Tipo Duro.

Scent: the faintest of menthol.. it is less once lathered. For all intent...scent is non-existent. Though to be far, I have a bit of a cold (smelled the coffee this morning with no problem).

Ease of lathering: really high ratings here. I soaked it a little and loaded a full size badger.. I used the Rooney Stubby H-XL. i have been learning the limits of the Rooney..surprisingly this was an awesome lather. Billowy. Thick. Enough for about four or five passes.

Cushion & protection: interesting lather. I have to give it high ratings here as well. It is really slick and doesn't dry between passes. In fact, it is so slick that a little water on the fingers rubbed into it between passes actually reactivated it. I like a soap that stays slick between passes. That said.. It is a chore to rinse off.

Menthol blast: this is no face chiller. For a soap called Mentholipto, it isn't. Even going right outside to the chilly air, it lacked any real chill. Falls really short here. Maybe a few drops of M-bomb or the like would notch it up. Disappointing at best.

Worth the price of entry? I suppose. Add $5 to the price for some M-Bomb and it goes shoulder to shoulder with any fine menthol soaps.

33 914
 01-06-2013, 12:52 PM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Boston
User Info
As someone who gets chilly from the faintest of menthol, this sounds pretty good, especially since I love Razorock. Thanks for the review!

35 1,732
 01-06-2013, 02:55 PM
User Info
I purchased this soap in a razorock lot a while back on BST.I opened up the mentolipto, took a quick sniff and sealed it back up. The tub has not been opened since the initial sniff test.

1 93
 01-06-2013, 05:19 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Thanks for the review Mike!

91 17,823
 01-07-2013, 01:42 AM
User Info
The LOA soaps are amazing indeed, I still have mine from when I interviewed Joe hah; good stuff!

0 652
 01-07-2013, 02:57 AM
User Info
Thank you För The review!

0 20
 01-07-2013, 01:09 PM
User Info
Thank you for your review Smile

22 5,047
 01-08-2013, 04:15 AM
User Info
Thanks for the review, Mike.

This croap lathers easily just like you said and the lather is creamy and dense.

But the scent is the part i dont like.. It smells 'cheap' to me, if that makes sense.. I prefer proraso over mentolipto anyday..

4 365
 01-08-2013, 06:38 PM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
(01-08-2013, 04:15 AM)staggerlee Wrote: ....But the scent is the part i dont like.. It smells 'cheap' to me, if that makes sense.. I prefer proraso over mentolipto anyday..

Yup... I agree..

33 914
 01-09-2013, 03:03 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
This is an easy lathering croap for sure. As mentioned above there is something off with the smell. It's hard to describe but it's not that clean menthol scent you get from some others. With that said it's not terrible and I still use and enjoy this one.

45 3,955
 01-12-2013, 05:55 PM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
I used again today.. I find it has almost no menthol cooling.

Unfortunate.

33 914
 01-13-2013, 07:34 AM
User Info
I agree about the lack of menthol here; there's just not much to be found. I really like this soap in all other respects despite the lack of cooling effect. The scent to me is minty, which I really dig. There aren't many soaps/creams with a minty scent like this one.

0 54