01-06-2013, 10:54 PM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
Anyone love it? Great looking bottle, but have no idea of the scent or feel/effect. Anyone? Can anyone put me on to a good cheap Australian source (no, not sauce, or dead horse as we'd say)? Again, these products are so much more available overseas, and the postage is better and cheaper by the sound of it. Australia Post? Meh.

0 1,622
 01-08-2014, 12:02 AM
  • Shaun
User Info
(01-06-2013, 10:54 PM)Shaun Wrote: Anyone love it? Great looking bottle, but have no idea of the scent or feel/effect. Anyone? Can anyone put me on to a good cheap Australian source (no, not sauce, or dead horse as we'd say)? Again, these products are so much more available overseas, and the postage is better and cheaper by the sound of it. Australia Post? Meh.

Well, I got my hands on a bottle, unopened in an Op Shop here in Sydney and it cost me....drum roll...$2! Smile Classy blue bottle, looks expensive, etc etc.

The balm is thinner than Speick, thinner than Baxters, and a little thinner again than Nivea Sensitive, but it's easy to control the flow. You only need a small amount.

It is a beautiful balm, I have to say; very cooling, a light light touch of alcohol, and all natural ingredients, etc. Absorbs readily, great skin feel, nothing gluggy or slimy. For Shea Butter lovers, note its presence in the ingredients (listed below).

Scent? An obvious lemony citrus with a herbally something. Pleasant scent, clear and bright, but totally lacking subtlety. Having said that, though, I quite like the refreshing scent, a nice spring/summery touch.

I'll be using it quite often, I know.

Shame health food stores here in Australia that sell Weleda products think they can justifiably charge the earth for it. Hippie capitalists Smile I don't mind wealth creation, but this heath food/product 'ethos' combined with unethical over-pricing really brings the meat-eater out in me. I have seen it for sale in store for $36! $16 online plus postage.

Ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glyceryl Linoleate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Commiphora Myrrha Extract, Sodium Beeswax, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Xanthan Gum, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*, Farnesol*.

*from natural essential oils

0 1,622
 01-08-2014, 01:24 AM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I'm not a big balm guy but this is one I've really come to like. I put it on over a splash. Very light but moisturizing and healing without leaving a greasy feeling.

45 3,955
 01-08-2014, 01:43 AM
User Info
nice review shaun! i shall eventually try this balm.

"health food stores" in australia seems to have their twins here in norway. i have seen a trend the last 20 years from plain eco foods > packs with pills that promise to do wonders for anything + an arsenal of herbal teas that also cures whatever. customers are nearly without exception women + me of course. the only reason i continue is they sell canadian black rice - at an outrageous price tag. as an example i can tell they sell the speick deo stick i use for 4 times the price i pay at violey.com.... Sad

7 1,625
 01-08-2014, 02:44 AM
  • Shaun
User Info
(01-08-2014, 01:43 AM)tonsorius Wrote: nice review shaun! i shall eventually try this balm.

"health food stores" in australia seems to have their twins here in norway. i have seen a trend the last 20 years from plain eco foods > packs with pills that promise to do wonders for anything + an arsenal of herbal teas that also cures whatever. customers are nearly without exception women + me of course. the only reason i continue is they sell canadian black rice - at an outrageous price tag. as an example i can tell they sell the speick deo stick i use for 4 times the price i pay at violey.com.... Sad

Ah, Tonsorius.... yes Violey! I use them too. Probably costs more for me than you for shipping (me being in Australia), but it works out cheaper in the long run. Speick...ahhhhhh. I love Speick liquid soap too. Wonderful, classy smelling stuff IMO

0 1,622
 01-08-2014, 11:51 AM
User Info
A little goes a long way with this one - but it really is very good. I actually find it quite thick: thicker than Proraso and Nivea balms, for example, and it does me no favours if I over apply.

0 141
 01-08-2014, 11:55 AM
User Info
One of my favorites, especially if I shave at night. Very soothing with great skin care properties

191 1,552