Any thoughts on their creams? I have been thinking of buying their
old St Patrick's Cream.

45 3,955
 03-27-2012, 11:06 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
I would like to know where are they made, and their ingredients list.Does anybody know?

86 7,123
 03-27-2012, 11:27 AM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
This rich cream contains such beneficial ingredients as Coconut oil, Glycerin, Organic Cocoa Butter & Organic Aloe. Developed for all skin types, our shave cream solution protects the skin from nicks, cuts, razor burn, irritation and ingrown hairs. It can be used with or without a brush. Developed in our NYC Tonsorial Parlor.

This is what information I found.

1 3,507
 03-27-2012, 12:59 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(03-27-2012, 11:27 AM)Howler Wrote: This rich cream contains such beneficial ingredients as Coconut oil, Glycerin, Organic Cocoa Butter & Organic Aloe. Developed for all skin types, our shave cream solution protects the skin from nicks, cuts, razor burn, irritation and ingrown hairs. It can be used with or without a brush. Developed in our NYC Tonsorial Parlor.

This is what information I found.

Thanks,Howler.

86 7,123
 03-28-2012, 03:12 PM
User Info
Found this on another shaving forum.

Old St. Patrick's Ingredients: Water, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Palmitic Acid, Oleic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance.

Someone who has used this (not me) said...I must say I really do enjoy the scent of this one. A deep complex Irish Spring type
Also I will say that 2 different users (now that I have been looking more at this A LOT of people) said that for some reason it stung like heck until they rinsed it off. And I just looked at West Coast Shaving it says made in the U.S.A. !

2 805
 03-28-2012, 05:25 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(03-28-2012, 03:12 PM)sunflake Wrote: Found this on another shaving forum.

Old St. Patrick's Ingredients: Water, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Palmitic Acid, Oleic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance.

Someone who has used this (not me) said...I must say I really do enjoy the scent of this one. A deep complex Irish Spring type
Also I will say that 2 different users (now that I have been looking more at this A LOT of people) said that for some reason it stung like heck until they rinsed it off. And I just looked at West Coast Shaving it says made in the U.S.A. !

Thanks for the info,my friend.I hope that they have removed the SLE of its ingredients list..SLE/SLS NonoNono

86 7,123
 03-28-2012, 05:28 PM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
This is the same company that sells the Mariner right? It's supposedly the closest thing to an R41 without being an R41.

116 3,804
 03-28-2012, 06:04 PM
User Info
Mariner yes.

2 805
 03-28-2012, 06:37 PM
User Info
(03-27-2012, 11:06 AM)Teiste Wrote: I would like to know where are they made, and their ingredients list.Does anybody know?

Why not invite them here? Then they could answer questions about their products directly and to a very interested audience. I'm sure they would also find the feedback valuable.

0 303
 06-06-2012, 07:50 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
I got a sample of the lavender cream with my Mariner SH.
For the first shave it was fantastic. Slick, cushiony and soothing on my sensitive skin and the scent was very nice. It lathered very well with a Vie Long Peleon, natural, undyed horse hair brush with a 35%/65% hair mix.

For the second shave, not so good. I couldn't get a stable, lasting lather.
The only variable was the brush. The second time I used a Vie Long Zurito with a 50%/50% dyed hair mix.
I used distilled water for both shaves so I think that I need further testing. Both brushes are lather monsters for me so I don't understand this.

It does appear to be made in the USA and exclusive to the NY Shaving Co.

I've definitely never had trouble lathering a cream before so I'm not sure what happened the second time.

6 905
 06-06-2012, 06:08 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
(06-06-2012, 07:50 AM)EHV Wrote: I got a sample of the lavender cream with my Mariner SH.
For the first shave it was fantastic. Slick, cushiony and soothing on my sensitive skin and the scent was very nice. It lathered very well with a Vie Long Peleon, natural, undyed horse hair brush with a 35%/65% hair mix.

For the second shave, not so good. I couldn't get a stable, lasting lather.
The only variable was the brush. The second time I used a Vie Long Zurito with a 50%/50% dyed hair mix.
I used distilled water for both shaves so I think that I need further testing. Both brushes are lather monsters for me so I don't understand this.

It does appear to be made in the USA and exclusive to the NY Shaving Co.

I've definitely never had trouble lathering a cream before so I'm not sure what happened the second time.

I did end up getting a tub of the Lemon cream from New York Shaving Company and I was not impressed. The lather is just so so and the lemon scent is very artifical. I did not know at the time I bought it but it's brush or brushless. This cream is way overpriced and their are way better creams out there including AOS which is also brush or brushless. I would not reccomend this cream to anyone.

45 3,955