01-07-2013, 06:15 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
Hello All!

Does anyone know if Trumper pucks will fit in "other" wood bowls? I tried Harris and of course they do not fit without shaving, pun intended.Cool

But what about Coates Bowls or Kent Bowls, or T&H bowls, or Taylors or even Caswell-Massey?

I'm looking for a mahogony or dark bowl for a puck of Trumper Coconut Tallow for my Nephew deployed in Afghanistan.

Anyone know, or have a bowl that will fit this puck? I'm desperate! Haha

68 1,417
 01-07-2013, 11:29 PM
User Info
If you know the diameter of the soap, all you need is a bowl that is diamter+0.1cm to fit in into.

0 193
 01-08-2013, 06:25 AM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
Is there a specific reason you don't want to shave it down to fit?

10 1,858
 01-08-2013, 10:42 AM
User Info
Cyril Salter bowl fits Trumper pucks.

You can always use the salter puck as if it were a stick, and rub it directly on your beard. That eliminates the need for the bowl, which you can then recycle.

Good Luck!

15 316
 01-08-2013, 12:41 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
Quote:Is there a specific reason you don't want to shave it down to fit?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a new old stock puck of Tallow Trumpers Coconut, but the Bowl was damaged by me, so I wanted to send a nice bowl to my Nephew, but didn't want to have to buy a brand new Trumpers bowl and soap to do it.

Quote:Cyril Salter bowl fits Trumper pucks.

You can always use the salter puck as if it were a stick, and rub it directly on your beard. That eliminates the need for the bowl, which you can then recycle.

Good Luck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excellent! Thanks! I'll get one of those tonight.

68 1,417
 01-08-2013, 01:10 PM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
(01-08-2013, 12:41 PM)Crag Wrote: This is a new old stock puck of Tallow Trumpers Coconut, but the Bowl was damaged by me, so I wanted to send a nice bowl to my Nephew, but didn't want to have to buy a brand new Trumpers bowl and soap to do it.

I get that part. I meant, if you have a nice bowl that doesn't fit, is there a reason you can't shave/grate the puck to fit as long as you mash all the soap back in?

Or do you just not want to mess up the pristine smoothness, a feeling I can totally understand.

10 1,858
 01-11-2013, 12:37 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
(01-08-2013, 06:25 AM)Songwind Wrote: Is there a specific reason you don't want to shave it down to fit?

(01-08-2013, 01:10 PM)Songwind Wrote: Or do you just not want to mess up the pristine smoothness, a feeling I can totally understand.

Well aesthetically speaking the pristine beauty of the soap and bowl together is what I was aiming at...My Nephew is serving in pretty harsh conditions, so I was hoping to give him a nice bowl and what I feel is a great tallow soap to "bring him back home" when he shaves...Having served in conditions like those I know that it's the little niceties that count, so yes..the pristine nature of the soap is what I hoped to preserve.

I also need something that will withstand the rigors of shipping to a warzone...

68 1,417
 01-12-2013, 10:10 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
Thanks everyone! I found a nice Vintage Yardley Wood bowl that the Trumpers puck fit nicely into! I'm also sending a KFC mini Plastic container for his Dopp Kit since it has a tight fitting lid and fits the puck perfectly!

68 1,417