01-09-2013, 02:32 PM
User Info
I ordered a Cobra last night and am really excited to use it!

Reviewing blade options, I'm thinking of ordering Feather AC Professional Super Blades as the description says they are similar to 6/8 or 7/8 straights .... which I prefer.

I could always start with the regular AC Pro's (says similar to 4/8 or 5/8) that come with it.

Has anyone tried them?

191 1,552
 01-09-2013, 02:43 PM
  • Samjax
  • Clearwater, Florida
User Info
The Supers won't fit in the Cobra...I have tried and tried again. I did read however where another guy somehow got the Super into his Cobra; but that was the exception rather than the rule.

I have had great success with the Feather Professionals and the Kai blades though.

29 466
 01-09-2013, 02:47 PM
User Info
Thanks a lot for that info! I was about to place an order and at the the last minute thought about asking someone here first.

I will start out with the Feather Professionals and look into the Kai's

(01-09-2013, 02:43 PM)Samjax Wrote: The Supers won't fit in the Cobra...I have tried and tried again. I did read however where another guy somehow got the Super into his Cobra; but that was the exception rather than the rule.

I have had great success with the Feather Professionals and the Kai blades though.

191 1,552
 01-09-2013, 02:47 PM
User Info
So are the super blades thicker? Is that the difference?

31 7,914
 01-09-2013, 02:52 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I've used both the Kai and Feather Pro. The Kai is milder, but still has a good edge. Both are smooth and comfortable, but the Feather wins. It's sharper, smoother, but most noticeably it definitely lasts longer than the Kai. Of course YMMV!

91 17,851
 01-09-2013, 05:49 PM
User Info
(01-09-2013, 02:52 PM)ben74 Wrote: I've used both the Kai and Feather Pro. The Kai is milder, but still has a good edge. Both are smooth and comfortable, but the Feather wins. It's sharper, smoother, but most noticeably it definitely lasts longer than the Kai. Of course YMMV!

^^ I agree with Ben. ^^ The blade that I am currently using, which is on par with the Feather Professional, is the Kai Sharp. I think I am on my 7th shave and am enjoying the ride. It has been almost 12 hours since I shaved this morning and my face is still incredibly smooth. Badger

51 387
 01-09-2013, 09:21 PM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
Like Samjax said the supers normally don't fit. (they do in my razor somehow and I know of one other person whose name I can't remember who had the same experience).

That being said there is no real reason to use the supers instead of the professionals, shave is not different IMO.

Both the feather and KAI give me around 15 shaves, no real preference between the two when using the Cobra. In my DX I prefer KAI, super professional & professional in that order. A shame that the Dorco blades are not available for a reasonable price (there was a effort to do a groups buy on another forum but that didn't take place). I only could try one but it was very good (about 15 shaves out of the Dorco blade).

27 1,296
 01-10-2013, 01:32 PM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
You are the first person that I've seen mention the Kai Sharps. I, (and I think that Ben as well) have been waiting on some info regarding the Kai Sharps.

I have used the Feather Pro and Kai Captain Titan Mild and I'm really looking for something in between these two. The Feather is a tad to aggressive and the Kai is, well, a bit too mild. Smile

How would you say the Kai Sharps rate alongside those blades?
Thanks!
Eric

(01-09-2013, 05:49 PM)poonjaji Wrote:
(01-09-2013, 02:52 PM)ben74 Wrote: I've used both the Kai and Feather Pro. The Kai is milder, but still has a good edge. Both are smooth and comfortable, but the Feather wins. It's sharper, smoother, but most noticeably it definitely lasts longer than the Kai. Of course YMMV!

^^ I agree with Ben. ^^ The blade that I am currently using, which is on par with the Feather Professional, is the Kai Sharp. I think I am on my 7th shave and am enjoying the ride. It has been almost 12 hours since I shaved this morning and my face is still incredibly smooth. Badger

6 905
 01-10-2013, 08:05 PM
User Info
(01-10-2013, 01:32 PM)EHV Wrote: I have used the Feather Pro and Kai Captain Titan Mild and I'm really looking for something in between these two. The Feather is a tad to aggressive and the Kai is, well, a bit too mild. Smile

How would you say the Kai Sharps rate alongside those blades?
Thanks!
Eric

Sometimes I think my face is more akin to a piece of leather than skin (i.e., not particularly sensitive), but in my experience I think the Kai Sharps may be what you are after. While I like the sharpness of the Feathers the first shave or two they are almost overly so, but that is not the case with the Kai Sharps. Right out of the box they go through my beard with ease, but I find them to be smoother than the Feathers in the initial shaves. Once you hit the 3rd or 4th shave the Feathers and Kais are probably quite similar - presuming you also find the Feathers to mellow? - but for a start-to-finish blade I think the Kai Sharps may be my favorite. As with all things YMMV, but I think they are worth trying if you shave regularly with your Cobra. Just prior to my earlier post I was going to order a few packs, but was sorry to see they were out of stock at RazorBladesAndMore!

Hey Phil - Any chance you can get the Kai Sharps in stock? Biggrin

51 387