01-10-2013, 01:59 PM
User Info
So after seeing Teiste's review of the Omega 10275 recently I decided it was time to get back into some smaller boars and give Omega another look- my one and only Omega is the large Proraso/ Omega brush. After unsuccessfully being able to fall asleep last night, I got out of bed and decided some retail therapy was in order...3 brushes later I felt better and was able to go back to be and sleep soundly. So this is what I have coming and I can't wait to get them an put them through their paces...I've actually had my eye on the 81052 for a few years, but for some reason never pulled the trigger...I love the color and design of the handle.

Attached Files Image(s)

5 938
 01-10-2013, 02:28 PM
User Info
Excellent! Overboard?! i don't see too many bruhes. Hee hee.

75 20,883
 01-10-2013, 02:49 PM
User Info
The mighty midget (11047) is an excellent brush (well the badger / boar mix is anyway)! While I cannot hold it easily due to finger cramps, it is my travel brush.

129 6,685
 01-10-2013, 03:03 PM
User Info
Good luck with your new brushes. But I also don't see too many. I only see a selection ready for evaluation.

I look forward to how you like the 11047, since I have one coming in any day now from the B/T forum myself.

32 6,308
 01-10-2013, 03:11 PM
User Info
Overboard Huh

No, you're perfectly sane and normal, I just received 3 Shavemacs today and 2 Vie Long + one Semogue yesterday and one Rooney 3 days ago and if you ask ME, MYSELF & I, I'M PERFECTLY SANE Tongue Blush Tongue Biggrin

Congrats on your new brushes, my friend !

22 5,043
 01-10-2013, 03:24 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Tom , you have done good.Those brushes are excellent and , let me tell you , after you try them , you are going to want more boar brushes....Biggrin

86 7,123
 01-10-2013, 03:26 PM
User Info
The title was my bad attempt at being punny...in reference to the boars...anyways, I never got too deep into the boars and look forward to the journey ahead.

5 938
 01-10-2013, 03:35 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(01-10-2013, 03:26 PM)BladeDE40 Wrote: The title was my bad attempt at being punny...in reference to the boars...anyways, I never got too deep into the boars and look forward to the journey ahead.

Yes, Tom , its going to be an interesting journey , if you give them time and use.

86 7,123
 01-10-2013, 03:53 PM
User Info
The Mighty Midget is a cool brush. Kind of Omega's response to the Wee Scot. I like it.

12 1,243
 01-10-2013, 05:58 PM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
Omega 10275 was my first boar brush and I've enjoyed boar brushes ever since. I have tried two Semogues 1305 and 1470 and ended up selling the 1305 because it was too big and too floppy, but 1470 is a keeper. Different from Omega for sure with finer bristle and different feel and behavior. from my limited experience I prefer Omega boar knots and Semogue handles and construction. This is why I bought some 50mm lofted Omega knots from TGN and set them into vintage handles here and here. I feel the Omega knot in a high quality handle makes for a perfect boar brush. I simply love the two I made so far (well broken in by now and simply wonderful). I am going to be making two more with the same knots, I like them that well. This time I'll be using brand new handles from Whipped Dog which are resin. Looking forward to it. Still, 10275 is a great face lathering brush after it breaks in. Please allow for breaking in process. The handle on the 10275 is nothing special, but very comfortable. The red one looks fantastic. I really like it, especially if it's solid unlike the 10275. The mighty midget is legendary, though I have not tried it and not sure about mixed badger/boar brushes, but it has quite the following. Omega makes great boar brushes and very affordable. The three you bought are still less than one decent badger. And they will give you three brushes worth of service and enjoyment. Good luck and let us know how you like them. Follow excellent advice that Teiste has out there for faster break in and remember that the new boar brush will not be all that great until it breaks in, which can take up to a month. Patience will reward you.

I just ordered a B&B Essential brush by Omega from WCS. It looks amazing and I can't wait to try it.

25 1,705
 01-10-2013, 06:49 PM
User Info
If 3 brushes is overboard, I must be treading in the middle of the Pacific surrounded by hungry Tiger Sharks.

9 2,988
 01-10-2013, 08:08 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Here is the fun thing about collecting boars, you can have a 20 brush collection for less money than a high end 2 brush badger collection.

I just love my piggies.

173 23,486
 01-10-2013, 08:14 PM
User Info
(01-10-2013, 08:08 PM)Johnny Wrote: Here is the fun thing about collecting boars, you can have a 20 brush collection for less money than a high end 2 brush badger collection.

I just love my piggies.

No kidding....three brushes taxed and shipped for $40...no complaints here.

5 938
 01-10-2013, 08:14 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(01-10-2013, 05:58 PM)vferdman Wrote: Omega 10275 was my first boar brush and I've enjoyed boar brushes ever since. I have tried two Semogues 1305 and 1470 and ended up selling the 1305 because it was too big and too floppy, but 1470 is a keeper. Different from Omega for sure with finer bristle and different feel and behavior. from my limited experience I prefer Omega boar knots and Semogue handles and construction. This is why I bought some 50mm lofted Omega knots from TGN and set them into vintage handles here and here. I feel the Omega knot in a high quality handle makes for a perfect boar brush. I simply love the two I made so far (well broken in by now and simply wonderful). I am going to be making two more with the same knots, I like them that well. This time I'll be using brand new handles from Whipped Dog which are resin. Looking forward to it. Still, 10275 is a great face lathering brush after it breaks in. Please allow for breaking in process. The handle on the 10275 is nothing special, but very comfortable. The red one looks fantastic. I really like it, especially if it's solid unlike the 10275. The mighty midget is legendary, though I have not tried it and not sure about mixed badger/boar brushes, but it has quite the following. Omega makes great boar brushes and very affordable. The three you bought are still less than one decent badger. And they will give you three brushes worth of service and enjoyment. Good luck and let us know how you like them. Follow excellent advice that Teiste has out there for faster break in and remember that the new boar brush will not be all that great until it breaks in, which can take up to a month. Patience will reward you.

I just ordered a B&B Essential brush by Omega from WCS. It looks amazing and I can't wait to try it.

Very true , sir ! Omega boar brushes are great brushes for the money.The handles could be better but the boar hair is excellent.

(01-10-2013, 06:49 PM)asharperrazor Wrote: If 3 brushes is overboard, I must be treading in the middle of the Pacific surrounded by hungry Tiger Sharks.

Ha! I dont want to even imagine that !

(01-10-2013, 08:08 PM)Johnny Wrote: Here is the fun thing about collecting boars, you can have a 20 brush collection for less money than a high end 2 brush badger collection.

I just love my piggies.

Very true , Johnny , very true !

86 7,123
 01-10-2013, 10:11 PM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
The Omega 11047 mixed is a GREAT little brush. I love using it. I use it to bowl lather, face lather, you name it. Nice and soft, looks great and had bloomed beautifully. Handle is pretty too; a lovely jade-ish browny quartzy look

I am going to buy a couple of Semogues. I want the blonde bristles; I find them more aesthetically pleasing. I want the IB LE. Any clues if more are in production? Huh? Huh?

0 1,620
 01-10-2013, 11:49 PM
User Info
(01-10-2013, 10:11 PM)Shaun Wrote: The Omega 11047 mixed is a GREAT little brush. I love using it. I use it to bowl lather, face lather, you name it. Nice and soft, looks great and had bloomed beautifully. Handle is pretty too; a lovely jade-ish browny quartzy look

I am going to buy a couple of Semogues. I want the blonde bristles; I find them more aesthetically pleasing. I want the IB LE. Any clues if more are in production? Huh? Huh?

No idea if IB will have anymore made. I have the 1250 which is the same brush with an unpainted handle, just clear varnish. It's a good brush, just used it tonight.

5 938
 01-11-2013, 04:26 AM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
I went to the Portugal Online site and got 2x 1250s, 1x 2000 and 1x owners club in cherry. I used the TSN code and got a discount, too. Postage to Australia nice and cheap. The four, including postage, worked out at $90 AUD. That would have bought me 2 Semogues only over here in Australia. Why wouldn't I? Money talks, I'm afraid. I'd like to support local vendors, except they are terribly expensive here. I order from the USA and the UK too; seems postage from Portugal is more than reasonable. Anyway, I am a true multicultural. Cool

0 1,620
 01-11-2013, 05:05 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Congratulations Tom! I'm looking forward to your thoughts when you take delivery...

91 17,795
 01-11-2013, 05:10 AM
User Info
(01-11-2013, 04:26 AM)Shaun Wrote: I went to the Portugal Online site and got 2x 1250s, 1x 2000 and 1x owners club in cherry. I used the TSN code and got a discount, too. Postage to Australia nice and cheap. The four, including postage, worked out at $90 AUD. That would have bought me 2 Semogues only over here in Australia. Why wouldn't I? Money talks, I'm afraid. I'd like to support local vendors, except they are terribly expensive here. I order from the USA and the UK too; seems postage from Portugal is more than reasonable. Anyway, I am a true multicultural. Cool

Congratulation! With those brushes, you're in for a treat. Wink

2 5,527
 01-11-2013, 11:22 AM
User Info
(01-11-2013, 04:26 AM)Shaun Wrote: I went to the Portugal Online site and got 2x 1250s, 1x 2000 and 1x owners club in cherry. I used the TSN code and got a discount, too. Postage to Australia nice and cheap. The four, including postage, worked out at $90 AUD. That would have bought me 2 Semogues only over here in Australia. Why wouldn't I? Money talks, I'm afraid. I'd like to support local vendors, except they are terribly expensive here. I order from the USA and the UK too; seems postage from Portugal is more than reasonable. Anyway, I am a true multicultural. Cool

That's a nice brood you will have there, especially that cherry SOC. After I've satisfied my Omega fix I'm going to need to get a few more Semougues.

5 938