01-11-2013, 11:59 PM
User Info
I just bought the second last set in stock and read that I got 5 parts, a plate, a matte new XL Bulldog 85 mm handle and 3 heads - OSS, Open Comb and SB head.

But forgot to really read what I was getting, and now they are sold out and I can't see what is in the package Facepalm

Anyone knows if this value pack is the new open comb and SB head or the older one ?
I hope it's the new one, because that's the heads I want in my Ikon Hmm

I already own the shiny Bulldog XL handle with the newer deeper knurlings, and that handle is awesome to be honest......hope the matte one also is as great.

Thanks for any help. I did email Greg about it but no reply yet...... Undecided

22 5,063
 01-12-2013, 03:38 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Claus, you are getting:

1. iKon Deluxe OC (2013 model) base plate
2. iKon Deluxe SB (2013 model) base plate
3. iKon OSS base plate
4. Matching iKon matt finish top cap
5. Matching iKon matt finish bulldog II handle

and 6. A great shave! Tongue

91 17,852
 01-12-2013, 06:10 AM
User Info
(01-12-2013, 03:38 AM)ben74 Wrote: Claus, you are getting:

3. iKon OSS base plate

WoW Ben, thanks mate !

That's just what I hoped for - thanks for clearing that out for me, now I get a better day out of it Thumbup
Sometimes I buy stuff, not even checking up thoroughly on what I get, because I'm an idiot that suffer from SBAD and now soon also RAD Blush

Will pull the trigger soon on the 7 piece value set from AT&T, the set where you get 3 Titan and 2 Atlas heads, and one Titan handle and one Atlas handle for $399 shipped.
Then it's Tradere SB and Joris Palladium Lined Steel time - and UFO time.

After that I honestly don't know what to get, unless I want multiple handles in different design and colors - but for me, owning 15-20 new DE razors and even more combinations seems to be enough for me for now...... Cool

I may get the Pils once again, but 1 year ago I felt the head was too clumsy - and sold it. The Futur has an elegant compact head compared to the Pils IMHO Biggrin

22 5,063
 01-13-2013, 05:21 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
We never stop buying & sellingSmile

100 12,445
 01-13-2013, 09:30 AM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
(01-12-2013, 06:10 AM)CHSeifert Wrote:

3. iKon OSS base plate

WoW Ben, thanks mate !

That's just what I hoped for - thanks for clearing that out for me, now I get a better day out of it Thumbup
Sometimes I buy stuff, not even checking up thoroughly on what I get, because I'm an idiot that suffer from SBAD and now soon also RAD Blush

Will pull the trigger soon on the 7 piece value set from AT&T, the set where you get 3 Titan and 2 Atlas heads, and one Titan handle and one Atlas handle for $399 shipped.

After that I honestly don't know what to get, unless I want multiple handles in different design and colors - but for me, owning 15-20 new DE razors and even more combinations seems to be enough for me for now...... Cool

I may get the Pils once again, but 1 year ago I felt the head was too clumsy - and sold it. The Futur has an elegant compact head compared to the Pils IMHO Biggrin

Man alive Claus! I'm jealous! I wish I had your cashflow... :-)

14 870
 01-13-2013, 10:02 AM
User Info
Now all you need is a Rocket HD and a '30s Aristocrat! Wink

12 1,243
 01-13-2013, 09:42 PM
User Info
(01-13-2013, 05:21 AM)slantman Wrote: We never stop buying & sellingSmile

You got that right Wink

(01-13-2013, 09:30 AM)Attila Wrote:
(01-12-2013, 06:10 AM)CHSeifert Wrote:

3. iKon OSS base plate

WoW Ben, thanks mate !

Man alive Claus! I'm jealous! I wish I had your cashflow... :-)

I'm starting to slow down now - you'll not see me posting much about new gear in 2013 - only thing missing is a Thäter brush, maybe a Simpson custom, a 7-piece Titan/Atlas razor DE set, a Tradere SB, a UFO handle and a Joris Palladium Chrome DE razor.
This is my entire haul for 2013 - then I'm done.......believe it or not, but I'm really done after that Tongue

(01-13-2013, 10:02 AM)insomniac Wrote: Now all you need is a Rocket HD and a '30s Aristocrat! Wink

That's why I will never be a huge RAD guy, I don't buy used stuff, because I suffer from mild OCD, sorry severe CDO (corrected alphabetically).
I never buy used shaving gear - so I miss out on a bunch of very nice classic DE razors, my severe loss Blush

22 5,063