01-12-2013, 02:00 PM
User Info
I've just shaved two days in a row with a Super Iridium loaded into my "killer axes", a Sabi T3 and a Lord Tech clone.

Well, I was half-expecting to skin myself both times. Instead, I found myself with two great shaves in a row. Smile

This goes against "common sense"; I figured on a bit of bloodshed. Nary a nick! My skin feels good. And I have learned something new.

How does it go for you guys? I was surprised. Also, I think I have lost my fear of trying something new. Bring it on!

0 554
 01-12-2013, 02:18 PM
User Info
Michael,
I also shave with the Super Iridiums loaded in my R41 and attain great shaves.

But,as I found out the hard way, while there are blades that are as sharp as the SI's, none of them are sharp and smooth like the Iridiums.

There were some like the Sunrise Supermax that absolutely killed my face with only one pass and several others that left me feeling raw as well.

I love the Super Iridiums and they are my #1 choice used in all my razors.

5 337
 01-12-2013, 02:25 PM
User Info
(01-12-2013, 02:18 PM)JCturboT Wrote: Michael,
I also shave with the Super Iridiums loaded in my R41 and attain great shaves.
But,as I found out the hard way, while there are blades that are as sharp as the SI's, none of them are sharp and smooth like the Iridiums.
There were some like the Sunrise Supermax that absolutely killed my face with only one pass and several others that left me feeling raw as well.
I love the Super Iridiums and they are my #1 choice used in all my razors.

+1 My sentiments exactly! The SIs are my #1 blade.

75 20,883
 01-12-2013, 02:25 PM
User Info
Jeff, I'm really digging the SI blades. I'd gotten some in a sampler and saved them for "special" occasions. Still have a couple but just got 100 of 'em from Phil @ BullGoose.

OK, you live, you learn. I want to try any SuperMax blades again; of course I have close to 800 blades on hand. So, later for them and onward I go!

0 554
 01-12-2013, 07:57 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
SI, Polsilver and Pol SI blades never let me down. I've found my more aggressive razors demand a decent blade and reward me in turn with a comfortable shave.

Whenever I experiment with a blade for the first time I choose a milder razor.

If I'm trying a razor for the first time I always use my preferred blade.

91 17,829
 01-12-2013, 08:36 PM
User Info
That entire family of blades certainly appears to be quite good, but there are others equally as good IMO. Yeah, Wink I know YMMV.

When I received my R41 a pack of 7 O'Clock yellows was included with it. Now they happen to be one of absolute favorite sharp smooth blades, so I took that as a sign (of what to use in it). All of my chosen blades are sharp and smooth and all of them work fine in my aggressive razors.

The R41 especially IMO requires the very best of that sort of blade.

32 6,309
 01-12-2013, 08:40 PM
User Info
(01-12-2013, 07:57 PM)ben74 Wrote: SI, Polsilver and Pol SI blades never let me down. I've found my more aggressive razors demand a decent blade and reward me in turn with a comfortable shave.

Whenever I experiment with a blade for the first time I choose a milder razor.

If I'm trying a razor for the first time I always use my preferred blade.

I follow the same practice and used an Israeli Blue initially. But using an Iridium was an eye-opener for me. And I've learned something new.

(01-12-2013, 08:36 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: That entire family of blades certainly appears to be quite good, but there are others equally as good IMO. Yeah, Wink I know YMMV.

Ah, I dearly love the pallette of blades we have to work with. Smile

0 554