01-13-2013, 12:41 PM
User Info
We have a complaint section, but no praise section so I will post this here.

Glock uses the phrase "perfection" as their slogan for their pistols, and I agree with that statement. Rafael (UFO) deserves to be coined as such because of his relentless commitment to "perfection", both in his handle making and with his customer service. Juan is the communicator between Rafael and us, and is a true gentlemen. Here's my UFO story...

I received my Godzilla handle several days ago and after use, posted my thoughts on it. I casually mentioned that it had "minor blemishes" which I didn't think much about when posting. I had no issue with a few small, and I mean small, tooling marks on the top collar that are in reality almost undetectible unless you are 2 inches from the handle and are in the just the right light. I by no means meant for anyone to think anything of it, most all my other handles have some sort of mark or tiny blemish somewhere on the handle so to me this was not a big deal.

Fast forward to 24hrs later, an email from Juan arrived stating his and Rafael's genuine concern with this "minor blemish" I posted about. I was shocked, and I felt horrible. I didn't want Rafael to think I was speaking negatively of his instruments. I decided to take a few pictures (which were very hard to take while showing these tiny blemishes btw) and emailed them back, merely to ease their minds and show that it really wasn't a big deal.

Well, fast forward again to this morning. I received another email from Juan stating they had looked at the pictures that I sent and that Rafael is making a new Godzilla asap to send me and will be covering my shipping fee's 100% when shipping the "defective" handle back to him. He was apologetic and wouldn't take no for an answer even though I feel this was unneccesary.

I am blown away! I still think it is fine, I love the one I have but I will not argue with the Maestro. I also want to mention that I originally had stated that the Godzilla was wonderful but made me think no less of my Weber handles or any of my others. I now am changing that to the UFO handle is now a large step above any handle I have ever owned. It is not just the craftsmanship but the stand behind said product that makes it the best of the best. Here's to Rafael and Juan for their ruthless dedication to "perfection"...

63 2,125
 01-13-2013, 12:45 PM
User Info
Excellent story, thanks for sharing!

Clap & Thumbup for Rafael & Juan!

31 7,892
 01-13-2013, 01:37 PM
User Info
This a great story about perfection and customer service rolled into one.

98 12,361
 01-13-2013, 02:31 PM
User Info
Rafael is an amazing individual and true artisan!
We expect pics of the new handle when it arrives, Jeremy! Hee hee.

74 20,795
 01-13-2013, 03:25 PM
User Info
Exactly what I would expect from a person in love with what he does. He really does treat his handles as though they were his children.

32 6,301
 01-13-2013, 03:46 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Rafael is a master craftsman, so very proud of his work and absolutely committed to excellence! Coupled with Juan's focus on customer service, they deliver nothing less than perfection!

91 17,618