01-14-2013, 09:37 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
Hello Gents and Ladies,

I recently acquired a puck of Culmak Shave Soap and my thoughts are below:

* Lather - This soap is a pleasure to lather, It whips up mounds of lather that is really slick. I got an almost BBS in just two passes using this soap.

* Scent - This soap is supposed to have a Lavender note, but all I could smell was a fresh herbaceous scent. it sort of reminded me of my barber shop when I was growing up. The scent was pleasant, and did not last after the final rinse so it did not interfere with my AS at all.

* Heat - I lathered this soap just as well on my face as in my Scuttle.

* Burn Test - I lathered three times on my face and then left the lather on for 5 minutes and got no burn at all from it.

* Slickness - This is one of the slickest soaps I have ever used. It reminded me of vintage T&H Luxury, but with less Lavender, and more barber shop, if that makes sense.

* Price - This soap was reasonably priced at around $9 a puck shipped. A new Puck in plastic recloseable bowl is around $16 shipped, so a great price IMO.

*Face Lathering - This soap was a pleasure to face lather. I only needed two dips and had so much left over after three passes that I could have shaved my neighbors, too.

* Bowl Lathering - This soap lathered very well in the bowl - Even though I do not generally bowl lather, I figured some of you might like to know that. i added about 2 teaspoons of water total and got a nice lather from it.

* Overall Appeal - I found myself sniffing the soap over and over. The scent is light and does not linger which is good for me. I give this soap an 9 out of 10.

Give Culmak a try!

Comments are welcome!

68 1,417
 01-14-2013, 10:55 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Crag , thank you so much for your inputs about this soap.

I had a not so good experienced with it.I truly love its scent , lavender , like the T&H , Vulfix , Taylor of Old Bond Street herbal , John Williams and many others made in UK shaving soaps.Its a pleasure for my senses.However , I found quiet tricky to get this soap to lather right , actually harder than I was expecting.The lather was very slick , due to the paraffin , but the lather wasnt as thick or dense as I like it.

I got mine from Auravita.com a long time ago , and it came with the plastic , black bowl , which is nice for its price , by the way.

Overall , I find the Boots shaving soap a little bit better than this one , but with a not that good of scent.

86 7,124
 01-14-2013, 11:18 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
I did notice that the Culmak was very slick, but I found it relatively easy to Lather. I got mine from a seller on Amazon but it shipped from England & took about 10 business days to get here. I read somewhere that Culmak and T&H Luxury are the same scent, but my T&H soap smells of pronounced Lavender and the Culmak smells fresh like a Barber Shop would.

I haven't tried the Boots. I'll do a search and pick some up.

68 1,417
 01-15-2013, 12:34 AM
User Info
The Boots soap has a more citrous-y scent, however, it lathers very well and quickly. A good inexpensive soap, available in the UK.

2 5,532
 01-15-2013, 01:21 PM
User Info
Crag,

Would you be so kind and post the Ingredients list?
Thanks.

7 358
 01-15-2013, 01:27 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(01-15-2013, 01:21 PM)VerbaVolant Wrote: Crag,

Thanks.

Im not Crag , but these are the ingredients :

[Image: 46024353.jpg]

86 7,124
 01-15-2013, 02:03 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
(01-15-2013, 01:27 PM)Teiste Wrote:
(01-15-2013, 01:21 PM)VerbaVolant Wrote: Crag,

Thanks.

Im not Crag , but these are the ingredients :

[Image: 46024353.jpg]

Thanks Teiste! I'm at work and can only type...no uploading pics at all, unfortunately. I can't even see the pics at work...Huh

(01-15-2013, 12:34 AM)oversaturn Wrote: The Boots soap has a more citrous-y scent, however, it lathers very well and quickly. A good inexpensive soap, available in the UK.

I've looked on the Boots website, but it looks they only offer the cream. Do you have a link where I can pick this up?

68 1,417
 01-15-2013, 05:02 PM
User Info
 01-15-2013, 05:53 PM
User Info
Thank you.

7 358