01-16-2013, 08:56 AM
User Info
Yesterday, I bought a tube of 100ml Nivea shaving cream and I noticed Ingredients list being altered, linalool,sodium Palmitate and potassium palmitate are added to the list,hopefully the scent may improve and performace stays the same.

2009-2012 formula
Aqua,Potassium Stearate,Potassium Cocoate,Glycerine,Olea Europaea,Parfum,Dimethicone,Maris Sal,Tocopheryl Acetate,Sodium Cocoate,Cetearyl Alcohol,Limonene.

Current formula
Water,Potassium palmitate,Potassium Stearate,Potassium Cocoate,Glycerine,Olea Europaea,Parfum,Dimethicone,Maris Sal,Tocopheryl Acetate,Sodium Palmitate,Sodium Cocoate,Cetearyl Alcohol,Limonene,Linalool.

0 161
 01-16-2013, 09:14 AM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
I really like Nivea. Guess I'll have to track down a tube of the new shortly.

116 3,804
 01-16-2013, 10:16 AM
  • Mynorx
  • Southern California
User Info
1. Linalool (pron.: /lɪˈnælɵ.ɒl/) is a naturally occurring terpene alcohol chemical found in many flowers and spice plants with many commercial applications, the majority of which are based on its pleasant scent (floral, with a touch of spiciness). It has other names such as β-linalool, linalyl alcohol, linaloyl oxide, p-linalool, allo-ocimenol, and 2,6-dimethyl-2,7-octadien-6

2.Palmitic acid is mainly used to produce soaps, cosmetics, and release agents. These applications utilize sodium palmitate, which is commonly obtained by saponification of palm oil. To this end, palm oil, rendered from the coconut palm nut, is treated with sodium hydroxide (in the form of caustic soda or lye), which causes hydrolysis of the ester groups. This procedure affords glycerol and sodium palmitate.

Because it is inexpensive and adds texture to processed foods (convenience food), palmitic acid and its sodium salt find wide use including foodstuffs. Sodium palmitate is permitted as a natural additive in organic products.[9

3. POTASSIUM PALMITATE: Potassium Palmitate is a potassium salt of palmitic acid.

Function(s): Surfactant - Cleansing Agent; Surfactant - Emulsifying Agent

Wikipedia and skin deep are the sources of this material.

1 264
 01-16-2013, 12:15 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Very interesting , sir.

This is one of the few cases were the formulation/ingredients list is reformulated for better , I will say , and keeping the Olive Oil on the formulation.

I wonder too about the scent , I like the old Nivea scent.

Let us know how it performs , since I will be interested in getting a tube of this cream.I m a user of the Nivea cream since I was 18.

86 7,123
 01-16-2013, 12:23 PM
  • TexBilly
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Austin, TX
User Info
Guys, is this available in the States, or at least easily ordered? I seem to recall its scarcity here at one time. Given the overall high opinion, I'd love to try it. Weel, add it to my long list anyway. Blush

35 2,703
 01-16-2013, 02:31 PM
User Info
I always liked the stuff you could get in europe in the metal tube (like proraso). Is this available in the USA? Thx-

0 217
 01-16-2013, 05:11 PM
User Info
Phil carries the German Mild Formula. Not sure if new or old formula?
Mild and Sensitive formulas also usually available at smallflower.com, which is the website for Merz Apothocary in Chicago.

I have used many tubes of the Mild, it is one of my everyday favorites.

1 77
 01-16-2013, 05:19 PM
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
The only thing I can say about the Nivea cream is that it's decent and it performs honestly. The scent is nothing special. I have a tube, but I rarely use it.

3 2,543
 01-20-2013, 10:02 AM
User Info
I've tried just today, the performance have been improved and scent is even better,also lubrication is much better.

0 161
 02-10-2013, 01:07 PM
User Info
Nivea seem to reformulate their products in every 4-5 years.

0 161