01-16-2013, 08:58 AM
#1
User Info
I received this in an e-mail today, yet I see that the photo is dated '08. Have the manufacturers fixed the problem? I still thought this important enough to share. I didn't check it for authenticity.

House fire, please read .... I have read about this before.
Insurance is a wonderful thing when it works but read the cause of
this fire - you may be surprised.


This photo was taken at the scene of
a house fire that occurred.

This is one of those e-mails that if you don't send it, rest assured
someone will suffer for not reading it. The original message was
written by a lady whose brother and wife learned a hard lesson this
past week.

Their house burned down.. nothing left but ashes. They have good
insurance so the house will be replaced and most of the contents.
That is the good news.

However, they were sick when they found out the cause of the fire.
The insurance investigator sifted through the ashes for several
hours. He had the cause of the fire traced to the master bathroom.
He asked her sister-in-law what she had plugged in the bathroom. She
listed the normal things...curling iron, blow dryer. He kept saying
to her, 'No this would be something that would disintegrate at high
temperatures'.. Then her sister-in-law remembered she had
aGladePlug-In,in the bathroom.

The investigator had one of those 'Aha' moments. He said that was
the cause of the fire. He said he has seen more house fires started
with the plug-in type room fresheners than anything else. He said
the plastic they are made from is THIN. He also said that in every
case there was nothing left to prove that it even existed. When the
investigator looked in the wall plug, the two prongs left from the
plug-in were still in there.

[img][Image: image.jpg][/img]

Her sister-in-law had one of the plug-ins that had a small night
light built into it. She said she had noticed that the light would
dim and then finally go out. She would walk into the bathroom a few
hours later, and the light would be back on again. The investigator
said that the unit was getting too hot, and would dim and go out
rather than just blow the light bulb. Once it cooled down it would
come back on. That is a warning sign.

The investigator said he personally wouldn't have any type of
plug-in fragrance device anywhere in his house. He has seen too many
places that have been burned down due to them.

PLEASE PASS THIS ON.

NOT ONLY COULD IT SAVE SOMEONE'S HOUSE, BUT IT COULD SAVE SOMEONE'S
LIFE.

32 6,308
Reply
 01-16-2013, 09:07 AM
#2
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Don't believe this... Get a million of those emails with all kinds of "mystery" items doing bad things. I especially like cell phone plugged in while talking.

88 4,233
Reply
 01-16-2013, 11:14 AM
#3
User Info
I'm going to go with Steve. Unless it's from some actual agency that truly investigates these things, it's just there to scare us.

That photo could be of anything. There is absolutely no indication that the fire actually started there.

With the number of these air fresheners sold, I think there would be a mountain of evidence showing that they are actually dangerous.

9 2,988
Reply
 01-16-2013, 12:27 PM
#4
  • RedRocks
  • Active Member
  • Four-Corners, USA
User Info
When in doubt, ask Snopes

18 271
Reply
 01-16-2013, 01:14 PM
#5
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Never a doubt Biggrin
STATUS: FALSE

88 4,233
Reply
 01-16-2013, 01:39 PM
#6
User Info
Thanks guys!

32 6,308
Reply
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)