01-18-2013, 12:17 PM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
This morning I went out to fill two bird feeders. I heard the scream of hawk. In of the big trees in the trailer park, sat a hawk.
I grabbed both binoculars and camera.I confirmed my that it was a hawk. I'm sure it was watching the feeders, was selecting his breakfast. The hawk was Cooper's Hawk.

Attached Files Image(s)

1 3,507
 01-18-2013, 12:35 PM
User Info
Very nice picture. Thanks for sharing it. When I lived in Spokane one of these would bounce repeatedly on top of a bush in my yard where chickadees were hiding, until one of them would panic and fly out, at which point the hawk would chase it down and grab it. My German Shorthairs pointed and tried to flush the same chickadees.

178 11,976
 01-18-2013, 12:56 PM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
Hi Brad

Very! nice photo Thumbsup

I love seeing those particular hawks, along with other birds of prey around here... Last year I got to see my first American Bald Eagle out in the wild, a truly magical experience...

Take care, Mike

23 1,872
 01-18-2013, 01:36 PM
User Info
"The hawk is out"

98 12,363
 01-18-2013, 03:49 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
A great photo, Brad. I really enjoy seeing the plant and animal photos the members post here. Smile

2 11,211
 01-18-2013, 03:55 PM
  • OldDog23
  • BeanTown MetroWest
User Info
they sure are majestic...yeah, over my way they scope out the feeders/hawk-diners in the winter. Nice pic, Brad. Thanks for sharing.

0 1,291
 01-18-2013, 04:46 PM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
Beautiful spot, there. And great photo. I live in the inner city of Sydney. Recently, we have had a feathered night visitor: a mopoke, a bird related to the Kookaburra, a member of the nightjar family. So beautiful, and rare to see in these parts. I was astonished. I grew up in Western Australia (not born there but came out as a child migrant) and saw plenty of wildlife. I hadn't seen a mopoke since then. I once had an encounter with an albino mopoke as I was walking down a narrow country road on a very dark night, somewhere near Manjimup... it skimmed over my head in complete silence, landed, and sat in front on me on the road ahead. I'll never forget it. It seemed to be glowing, almost.

0 1,594
 01-18-2013, 06:30 PM
User Info
Beautiful photo, Brad!

74 20,803
 01-18-2013, 07:46 PM
  • Johnny
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Great photo Brad. You should bring your camera to Northern Wisconsin. I could take you to a place where the Bald Eagles nest. Really a fantastic site to see when babies are in the nest.

173 23,294