01-19-2013, 11:31 AM
User Info
My first shave with this soap (and my first review), so this will be brief!

Rod at StirlingSoap was nice enough to send a puck of this along with my soap order (love his Bar/Bath Soap by the way), and I gave it a try today. I had tried some of his early shave soaps and wasn't terribly impressed (I believe this is his 4th or 5th generation of shave soap).

His soap is a little on the harder side than I am used to (typically use Mike's or Razorock King Louis Lavender Karite), so took an extra 10 seconds or so of loading onto the brush (will try a little longer soak on the puck next time). I face lather exclusively and initially thought this soap didn't have much to offer. Started with a little too much water, so I ended up face lathering for almost a minute to settle things down a bit.

Soap really exploded into a nice creamy lather at the end and gave me a very nice shave, easily enough soap for 3 passes (I usually do a two pass with some clean-up). Very good cushion, pleasant scent of almonds, soap did not dry too quickly on the face, no nicks, and my skin felt great afterwards!

In all this was an excellent shave and I think this soap is a steal at the price! Only a (very) small step below Mike's or the King Louis, but then these soaps cost 2-3 times as much!

Wanted to add that this is a Tallow & Shea butter based soap.

47 1,114
 01-19-2013, 11:36 AM
User Info
Good review, David, thanks.

185 12,010
 01-28-2013, 02:38 PM
User Info
Thanks, after using a few more times, this is really becoming one of favorites - just needs more water than most!

Superior to Cella, and very, very close to my other favorites (Mystic Water, Mike's, and Razorock King Louis Lavender Karite).

47 1,114
 08-19-2013, 05:12 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
I picked up my first puck of Stirling Saturday at the Post Office. I had my first shave with it this morning. I got the new Margaritas in the Arctic scent. It smells great and the menthol blast is great for south Texas in August! I put a little hot water on the top of the puck while I showered. I lathered it on the puck using a damp brush (Omega 10066 Boar) and adding a little water as needed. I got a great lather in about 2 minutes, even with my ROCK HARD water. I had an excellent shave that left my face feeling hydrated and conditioned. I did figure out right away that I need to form the puck into my bowl so "good stuff" does not escape over the edge of the puck. FYI-Rod is great to deal with too!

Bob

[Image: Stirling-Magaritas_zps032af9e1.jpg]
[Image: Stirling-MargaritasIngrd_zps80142de9.jpg]

4 2,385
 08-19-2013, 08:50 PM
User Info
I have some on order looking forward to trying it. Thanks for the review.

0 42
 08-20-2013, 04:27 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
Today was my second day shaving with the Stirling Margaritas in the ARCTIC soap. It is well named, the menthol is just right, and it fills the room with the refreshing aroma of freshly squeezed lime. It lathered up even easier today after “squishing” the puck into my bowl. This keeps all the lather on the top and working. I have south Texas ROCK hard water that is very fussy to lather with. Stirling is as easy as any soap I have used to date. It gave me a smooth, slick, cushioned, and conditioned shave. Nick and burn free. I will be ordering more………

Bob

[Image: StirlingBowl_zps96bd1f1c.jpg]

4 2,385
 08-24-2013, 08:04 PM
  • Sin7
User Info
I love the price tag on these soaps.

0 20