01-19-2013, 04:12 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
Does anyone here have their favorite e-bay sellers.... I've been on a bit of an e-bay buying kick. I enjoy the gamble. I have been searching the bay regularly to find bargains/deals. I ran across a fella from LaPlace Louisiana (About 12 miles up river from here). The guy has some really nice stuff. He does the ultrasonic cleaning thing and polishes everything up so the gear he sells is in good shape. He's a lifelong wet shaver and knows his stuff. He tells it like it is. In his pics he points out flaws and after corresponding with him for a while I realize he is in it for the right reasons... There are so many people selling razors who don't have a clue what's up. Plus his stuff is Bid or BIN so you can play both ways. His prices are fair so I've bought several razors from him BIN so I don't have to sweat it when I really want something...Plus a lot of his gear has free shipping!!! give him a shot, he has been fair to me.... ron-ebaby and tinman 108 are his stores...

5 1,151
 01-19-2013, 08:34 PM
User Info
I don't do much ebay buying anymore but when I do/did it's always caveat emptor. I pass on out of focus shots right out of the gate. If the photos are good, but don't show relevant parts, like the head and comb, I'll either walk or ask for more shots if it's something I think I'd really like to have. All part of caveat emptor.

Having written all of that, you need an answer to your question.

Amishmotorboat is a straight shooter the few times I've dealt with him, and he's knowledgeable and a blade shaver. Last I knew he was over on B&B, I don't know if he's here under a different user name. My info about AMB is at least 1 year old.

32 6,309
 01-20-2013, 07:03 AM
  • Blue line
  • East Central Alabama
User Info
Absolutely pass on out of focus photos and shots that don't show the trap doors on a TTO. I recently got a schick injector off eBay. The description said cream handle bit showed a blue one. This kept others away. I took a risk and as rewarded with as close to a NOS gold and crem handle injector as I have ever seen. She is PURDY.
I recently got a corroded 1930's NEW for 99 cents plus modest shipping. Once cleaned this beauty is being sent for a well deserve replate. Just use common sense and set a limit and don't go over it. Set in you mind "I'm going so high and that is it". Also when a razor goes over my limit, I ARCHIVE IT AND FORGET IT.

2 334
 01-20-2013, 05:18 PM
User Info
Got a beautiful 1960 Gillette Tech from sealover811 and wouldn't hesitate to buy another razor from him. Nic pics, great deal, and the transaction was great. Definitely one of the top sellers for razors, IMO.

1 93