01-21-2013, 06:54 AM
User Info
I have one of these brushes and there's no way I can clean the soap scum from it's base.
I have tried shampoo, dish washing liquid soap, Borax, vinegar (from various threads in this forum) to no avail.
Soap ring is still there. Angry

I have read that a liquid sold by MAC can do this job but there must be another way to clean it! Any ideas?

Thanks to everyone.

0 53
 01-21-2013, 08:16 AM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
(01-21-2013, 06:54 AM)dimitris Wrote: I have one of these brushes and there's no way I can clean the soap scum from it's base.
I have tried shampoo, dish washing liquid soap, Borax, vinegar (from various threads in this forum) to no avail.
Soap ring is still there. Angry

I have read that a liquid sold by MAC can do this job but there must be another way to clean it! Any ideas?

Thanks to everyone.

I had to clean some soap scum recently from a Bristle 2 as well. I found soaking it in the vinegar/water solution for 10 minutes to loosen the residue and then a heavy shampoo and soaking it in the water shampoo mix for 45 minutes and then using a soft bristle toothbrush along the length of the bristles gently did the trick. The toothbrush ended up cleaning out everything that was left over. Good luck and keep us posted!

14 870
 01-21-2013, 08:37 AM
User Info
I have done the above before. It works rather well.

Once clean, keep on top of it as I imagine the above could be quite harsh on the brush.

7 1,179
 01-21-2013, 11:15 AM
User Info
Thanks, I will try out the above and let you know.
I bought he brush used and I haven't been able to clean it since I bought it (it came with soap residue).

0 53
 01-21-2013, 12:38 PM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
The key is the toothbrush and the soaking time. Don't be afraid to give it a good scrub up the length of the bristles. If you are using a soft toothbrush and are going up the bristels, not across them, you shouldn't do any damage at all.

14 870