01-22-2013, 10:51 AM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
I just received a package from Andrej (very nice guy who lived in Macedonie) with lots of goodies. Among them a no name Turkish brush made out of horsehair, he said that the Turkish barbers all use it. Would like to know more about it.

I can't say if it had a smell to it because of a shot wound to the nose. I let it soak a few minutes and hand lathered with MWF, a few swirls where enough to produce lots of lather.

Washed it out and used it to face lather, a bit scrubby but not as much as for example my shavemac 2band with a knot of 25 and loft 46mm. Feels nice on the face. I don't have experience with horsehair brushes but it seems to have nice backbone (what I didn't expect).

It's obviously a cheap made brush with a plastic handle but it seems to perform very well for the first time. Anyone else used one of these?

[Image: p1020285.jpg]

[Image: p1020289.jpg]

[Image: p1020284.jpg]

27 1,297
 01-22-2013, 11:10 AM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
I don't know that specific one, but BestShave have several very inexpensive wood handled horse hair brushes that get pretty good reviews. It makes sense that makers in a Muslim country would know their way around a horse brush.

10 1,858