01-22-2013, 12:43 PM
User Info
What flavor are these Gillette blades and can I reuse the blade holder?

4 108
 01-22-2013, 12:47 PM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Boston
User Info
I thought those were Personna blades, they look just like one I have seen at supermarkets. As for reuse, no. I've tried shoving a blade back into one of those containers after looking at the edge and it would not work.

35 1,732
 01-22-2013, 12:48 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
I agree with Anthony, I believe you got some Personna Platinum Chromes, not a bad blade but at all IMHO.

127 2,395
 01-22-2013, 06:07 PM
User Info
Agree with the above posts. The item pictured appears to be Personna blades of the variety often sold under store-brand names. When used on my particular face, these are not as good as Personna Super blades often called "Lab Blue." The Labs are half the cost of the Personna Hospital Use blades often called "Medical Prep" blades. The Labs and Medical Preps give me the same results -- but that's just me.

15 316
 01-22-2013, 09:17 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
I have a pack of blades identical in appearance which I purchased at the local HEB (grocery store in Texas). I threw the packaging away, but they are American Safety Razor Co./Personna blades.

[Image: Personna.jpg]

Also see them here:

Personna Double Edge

I wouldn't try to reuse the package. You might damage a blade edge or yourself trying to get blades back in there.

43 1,690
 01-25-2013, 12:08 PM
  • Utah-Man
  • Happy Fatboy user
  • Salt Lake City, Utah
User Info
When I was about 10 years old I tried putting a blade back into a similar Gillette dispenser that my father had, and almost cut off my finger-tip! It bled like mad, so I wrapped it with toilet paper (of course, clean TP) and went down to dinner. My dad noticed the golf-ball size wad of bloody toilet paper, and asked to see my finger. I showed him, and we were off to his office for him to sew me up (he was a doctor). So my advice is, that if you decide to try and reload the dispenser, hold the blade with a pair of pliers!

0 51
 01-25-2013, 01:44 PM
User Info
mehere, you asked if you could refill the dispenser. Well yes, it's possible, but it's intended to dispense blades and not be refilled. The whole idea is that you don't need to get your fingers near the blades. By refilling it you're completely defeating the purpose of the packaging. Might as well just use whatever blade you have to put in the dispenser directly from the packaging into the razor. It's far easier to do that then refill the dispenser IMO.

32 6,311