01-23-2013, 08:36 PM
User Info
I think it is safe to say that we all love wet shaving, what are your other interests in life?

My main hobbies include:

Shaving of course <------pretty sad that this is actually a hobby but it is Tongue

Cycling (road)- I ride a Cervelo P2C and living in the Texas hill country, we are blessed with some of the best cycling in the world. I finally have the wife riding regularly too which makes it even better.

Music- I play several instruments but the piano is my true love.

Shooting Sports- We are fortunate to have our own shooting range on my family's property so shooting is a regular part of life. Glocks and Smith revolvers make up the bulk of my pistols.

Flying- as my username states, I am a commercial pilot. No, not as a career, just for fun. It has been a while since I have flown, but it is a great way to see the world from a different perspective.

My "minor or secondary hobbies" include-

Wines (reds in general), give me a great Bordeaux and I am a happy camper. Cigars, art, antiquing, etc.

Tell me about yourself and your interests/hobbies gentlemen!

63 2,128
 01-23-2013, 09:00 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Shaving and golf are my two main hobbies. I also enjoy reading and gardening.

45 3,955
 01-23-2013, 09:00 PM
User Info
The gym, martial arts, & shooting.

Mostly fitness.

9 2,988
 01-23-2013, 09:12 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Travel, fishing.

88 4,233
 01-23-2013, 09:13 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Fountain pens, reading.

2 11,211
 01-23-2013, 09:22 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Oh goodness...too many..Bicycling,Pocket knife collecting,Target shooting,Ballpoint pens,Radios especially Sony..back to the 70,s..Smile

6 1,913
 01-23-2013, 10:07 PM
User Info
Football (soccer), cycling, acoustic guitar, fountain pens, hiking....

75 20,883
 01-23-2013, 10:42 PM
User Info
Retired here so everything I do is for enjoyment/hobby. I did want others wanted me to do for too long. If I don't enjoy it or it isn't a hobby I simply refuse to do it today.

I make aftershave and when it becomes work I'll probably deep six it. Right now it's fun, a challenge, and enjoyable. I plan on using my aftershave for many more years.

I'm an NRA instructor with multiple certifications; for enjoyment, to help folks, and to stay sharp, and I'm deeply into the shooting sports. Have my own handgun and 100 yard rifle ranges. Love the 1911 and military rifles both older and modern. I reload, experiment, use wildcat cartridges, etc.. Action pistol, bullseye, hi-power rifle.

Photography, dogs, small livestock, gardening, cooking/food, southern BBQ, woodworking, welding, light metal working, DIY (bigtime, it's a way of life in rural Maine and a hobby), Self sufficiency, Hunting. I make a fantastic thin crust pizza (red and white), but the folks who get invited think everything I cook is good - alcohol helps.

I love spending time in the forest. Yes, even in the winter, but especially when the chainsaw is cooling off and I just become "one" with the forest and enjoy it.

Not nearly enough hours in the day.

32 6,308
 01-23-2013, 10:56 PM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
(01-23-2013, 10:42 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: Retired here so everything I do is for enjoyment/hobby. I did want others wanted me to do for too long. If I don't enjoy it or it isn't a hobby I simply refuse to do it today.

Not enough hours in the day.

That's like looking in the mirror ;-) Except no more shooting for me, done that for 37 years daily and that's more then enough.

Mostly physical training as far as my beat up body allows me to, cooking, yoga, reading.

27 1,294
 01-24-2013, 04:41 AM
User Info
Photography, Mostly on film and most of my equipment is from 1932-1967.

Traditional archery, Mostly self made Plains Indian bows but I make and use long bows as well as the occasional laminated recurve.
Google "Charles Chibitty" Besides being an outstanding human being he was also my Grandfathers close friend and Lead Glazier, Let's just say he had much to teach!

Sharpening things.

6 1,224
 01-24-2013, 04:47 AM
User Info
Turning bowls, platters and trays, shaving and the collecting that goes with it, post cards of Walnut Creek, spinning yarn on a spinning wheel, a little collection of "Widows Mite" coins, 1950 Ford, three shelties to love, and reading.

6 230
 01-24-2013, 08:10 AM
User Info
Hmm......amateur radio, motorcycles and shaving of course

4 952
 01-24-2013, 08:10 AM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
DIY (including Habitat for Humanity volunteer when family time allows me to sneak away for a day on build sites), gardening & running (ex marathon runner who needs to get back into that kind of shape).

23 1,872
 01-24-2013, 08:11 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Ashtanga yoga
Reading
Skiing
Bicycling
Flyfishing

102 17,662
 01-24-2013, 08:53 AM
User Info
Barbeque
Cigars
some reading (westerns, CIA mysteries)

31 1,800
 01-24-2013, 09:33 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Reading and kayaking but not at the same timeSmile

100 12,437
 01-24-2013, 01:55 PM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
I various other hobbies I enjoy.
Fountain Pens and Inks
Writing
Reading
Collecting postcards and writing postcards
Bird watching starting my 20th year.
Cooking

1 3,507
 01-24-2013, 02:32 PM
  • geezer
  • Menomonie, Western WI
User Info
I like to use my hands. I make parts for odd, old, and neglected coffee machines, assorted tooling for razors, and some odd things for museums. Some assorted repair work for others fills part of my time. I read a lot, and love to just drive around the countryside on nice days. I also like to scavenge for, and pick antiques.
As an old guy told me long ago, when "looking" for antiques; "If you don't have a flashlight, you isn't looking...you's hoping!"
~Richard

8 1,190
 01-24-2013, 03:12 PM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Boston
User Info
Unfortunately being a full-time undergraduate senior, my time for extracurricular activities is limited.

I have a deep passion for books, though my reading time is currently all filled with scientific literature and textbooks. I'm a fan of the mid century Beat poets and writers, though my true passion is for modern day authors who can bend and twist the English language and can show just how beautiful and intricate it really is. These include authors such as the late David Foster Wallace whose essays I am particuarly fond of as well as modern wordsmiths such as Mark Z. Danielewski, Chuck Palahniuk, and David Eggers.

I also really enjoy a good Sci-Fi, either on paper or on the big screen, I'm a big Star Wars nerd and have my fair bit of related paraphernalia.

When I had more time (and money) on my hands I collected and painted tabletop models used in role-playing or war/strategy games. Unfortunately I ended up selling many of those off, but I hope when I have more free time to at least pick the painting back up. I never felt artistic until I started painting models.

35 1,732
 01-24-2013, 03:19 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Were these PLAYBOY models?? I would like to take that up as wellCool

6 1,913