01-24-2013, 12:57 PM
  • TexBilly
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Austin, TX
User Info
After some recent Knize Ten love in another thread, I thought I'd buy a full bottle after enjoying a large decant for some time. So along with the classic Knize Ten, what do I see?

Knize Ten Golden Edition

From Lucky Scent:

The Scoop
Gold adorns Knize Ten Golden Edition, the special composition Heinz Gottschalk launched to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of Knize Ten. The dry woody character of the historic fragrance is softened by more decisive floral notes, balanced out by spices and citrus to give it warmth and body, fruit of a truly special year.

Knize Ten Golden Edition Notes
Petitgrain, Orange, Rosemary, Bergamot, Lemon, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Geranium, Iris, Rose, Carnation, Cinnamon, Leather, Ambergris, Musk, Moss, Vanilla, Castoreum

Has anyone tried this?
[Image: 52701.jpg]

35 2,703
 01-24-2013, 01:01 PM
  • JaDo
  • Dallas, TX
User Info
I tried it. It was included as a sample when I bought a bottle of the aftershave.

After originally reading the description, I was thinking this sounds like an amp'ed up version of Knize Ten. What's not to love? Unfortunately, for me, it hits a weird bitter note after a couple of hours that stays....and stays...and stays. I did not enjoy it as much as the original.

6 235
 01-24-2013, 03:30 PM
  • TexBilly
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Austin, TX
User Info
Good feedback, James. I'll proceed cautiously but like you, wondered if it would be a good thing! Do you have/wear Knize Ten EdT also?

35 2,703
 01-24-2013, 06:54 PM
  • GreekGuy
  • Not saving money yet....
  • La Jolla, CA
User Info
Billy,

I've been to the lucky scent "scent bar" in LA, very cool place if you ever have the opportunity to go.

Knize 10 is big and in your face. It boasts masculinity. It makes itself known, and it does so because you want it to. There is no mistaking this scent.

The golden edition smells very similar, but it has been toned down, the edges have been smoothed out. It smells like Knize 10, but more approachable.

Both are very good, but the Golden Edition is a little softer, more rounded, and tame. If you don't like the 80's powerhouse style, the Golden Edition may be for you. If you do, then get yourself some Knize 10, and wear it proudly

9 541
 01-24-2013, 07:38 PM
User Info
I got samples of the Golden at the same time I was first introduced to the Ten and for reasons no longer remembered, I did not fall in love with it as I did with the Ten. At the time, I knew nothing about either of the scents and so wasn't prejudiced one way or the other.

There's been a run on Knize 10 at Pasteur's, perhaps due to this thread. When I was there last week, I turned down samples from Steve and Leon. This week, they were not only out of all the samples, but the aftershave splash was all gone (at 100 bucks/bottle) and much of the rest of the stock depleted. I was going to get samples and spread the wealth, but none are left. If they get more, I'll remember who wanted some.

5 298