01-25-2013, 06:07 AM
User Info
Blueline, a buddy of mine, told me about a deal from shoebox shaving where they were selling 4 tubes of Arko cream for $10. Since I love the stick I decided to take the plunge.

I've tried all 4 now and they are fantastic. I got:

Citrus
Moist (x2)
Komando

All the scents were subtle yet present....in a good way. All provided excellent shaving performance, as I expected. All three were lather bombs. Good cushion, glide, and protection. They all lathered equally well with badger and boar.

What really stands out for me are the scents.

Citrus smells nothing like the regular Arko stick. It just smells, well, citrusy. I detected zero citronella in there like I do with the sticks. A very good scent. Clean and fresh.

Komando: This is the standout. subtle, yet masculine. I am going to be using this a LOT. Performs and smells WAY above it's price point.

Moist: This stuff is great too. It's not exactly like it but every time I smell it I think of the EU Palmolive stick. It smells really fresh and clean.

All 3 creams are winners in my book, fellas. Do yourself a favor and pick up these creams.

On a side note...I got TOBS Rose cream, as well. While it performs well I have to say I'm not fond of the scent. I LOVE Trumper's Rose cream, but TOBS rose cream, not so much.

1 283
 01-25-2013, 03:22 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
I agree with the Moist smelling a lot like the Euro Palmolive Classic cream. I still prefer the Euro Palmolive stuff because it has much better skincare, at least to me. The Moist has a very slight menthol effect. The Commando cream is pretty good also, I don't care anymore for the Regular, the Citrus is very refreshing although I find it lacks in the skincare, and the Arko stick is precious to me.

3 2,562
 01-26-2013, 11:25 AM
  • Mynorx
  • Southern California
User Info
creams are better than the stick. My fav has to be the moist. I tried them years ago when phil carried them.

1 265
 01-26-2013, 11:37 AM
User Info
I have the Arko Cool (not menthol). While the performance is fine, I'm not a fan of the scent.

0 836
 01-26-2013, 12:12 PM
User Info
Thanks for the info, although I don't seem to have much luck with creams (it would appear I'm more of a soap guy). I'm a big fan of the underrated stuff that tends to be much more reasonably priced than the "good" stuff is.

1 93
 01-26-2013, 04:04 PM
User Info
The stuff works, but the soap is so much better...

I did like the scent of the Regular though.

0 652