01-26-2013, 04:08 PM
User Info

Just curious if anyone has been bold enough to buy this cream yet? It looks to only be available in the the larger 500ml. IV bag size. If you have used it, how does you like it? How does it compare to Proraso? Does the lanolin add anything? I'm curious about this one, but 500ml. is A LOT of cream to commit to.

5 938
 01-26-2013, 04:58 PM
User Info
I've tried one of his shave soaps with Lanolin. It wasn't bad, there too a lot of the soaps come in large blocks. The soap I used was in the smaller size. I'm not sure that the cream has Lanolin in it?? Someone else may know. Saw that the price for 500ml of cream was under 20$us not bad, but still a lot of soap.

5 410
 01-26-2013, 06:00 PM
  • Mynorx
  • Southern California
User Info
Wanna go halfies? Biggrin

(01-26-2013, 04:08 PM)BladeDE40 Wrote: Just curious if anyone has been bold enough to buy this cream yet? It looks to only be available in the the larger 500ml. IV bag size. If you have used it, how does you like it? How does it compare to Proraso? Does the lanolin add anything? I'm curious about this one, but 500ml. is A LOT of cream to commit to.

1 265
 01-26-2013, 06:19 PM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
(01-26-2013, 04:58 PM)Johnus Wrote: I've tried one of his shave soaps with Lanolin. It wasn't bad, there too a lot of the soaps come in large blocks. The soap I used was in the smaller size. I'm not sure that the cream has Lanolin in it?? Someone else may know. Saw that the price for 500ml of cream was under 20$us not bad, but still a lot of soap.

Lanolin is in the ingredient list, near the end.

I haven't used any Vitos creams with lanolin, but my lanolin soaps and musgo real cream all leave my face feeling very moisturized.

10 1,858
 01-26-2013, 06:50 PM
User Info
(01-26-2013, 06:00 PM)Mynorx Wrote: Wanna go halfies? Biggrin

(01-26-2013, 04:08 PM)BladeDE40 Wrote: Just curious if anyone has been bold enough to buy this cream yet? It looks to only be available in the the larger 500ml. IV bag size. If you have used it, how does you like it? How does it compare to Proraso? Does the lanolin add anything? I'm curious about this one, but 500ml. is A LOT of cream to commit to.

A tempting offer, but even 250ml. is quite a lot. It takes me over a year to go through a tube of Proraso (100ml.) I guess if I used it soley it would go faster, but I'd probably go bored quick.

5 938
 02-05-2013, 06:14 PM
User Info
I have it.

It's a lot of cream. It's quite dense, the eucalyptus is strong but not as acute as one would imagine. Need to go back tonite and check the ingredients list re lanolin but I trust what other members have reported earlier.

It lathers relatively easy, the lather created is protective and relatively slick, but compared against my top cream/soft soap, Dovo, it lacks in both scent and performance. Mind you that I consider the Dovo cream (Eucalyptus is my favorite) better than the lanolin SMN and also better than the Acca Kappa almond in tub (lanolin again) hard cream. The Vitos cream is still a very good performer for the money, though.

Product has a "6" month label in the back (recommended duration after manufacture).

1 66
 02-05-2013, 06:30 PM
User Info
(02-05-2013, 06:14 PM)N_Architect Wrote: I have it.

It's a lot of cream. It's quite dense, the eucalyptus is strong but not as acute as one would imagine. Need to go back tonite and check the ingredients list re lanolin but I trust what other members have reported earlier.

It lathers relatively easy, the lather created is protective and relatively slick, but compared against my top cream/soft soap, Dovo, it lacks in both scent and performance. Mind you that I consider the Dovo cream (Eucalyptus is my favorite) better than the lanolin SMN and also better than the Acca Kappa almond in tub (lanolin again) hard cream. The Vitos cream is still a very good performer for the money, though.

Product has a "6" month label in the back (recommended duration after manufacture).

Thanks for the feedback! Sounds like it won't give me anything over what I already have....maybe down the road.

5 938